West Coast Hot Rod Association at Fomosa

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The WCHRA Spring Nationals is this weekend at Bakersfield. Anybody going? There is an Open Comp class that our cars can fit into easily. I'll be flying in Thursday afternoon and will be in Open Comp. Sponsor is one of the race promoters for this race so he wants me there.

Anybody else?????

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn!! And you bitch about ME not staying around town!! It's like "Where's Waldo" with you! Have fun....

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, babe. They called and asked, "Would you be interested in running our WCHRA race here in California since FFW Atlanta was postponed? We will fly you out here and we've got a bank of rooms already reserved at the hotel so what do you say?"

Lemme' see......fly me out there, hotel, tote my butt around, pay my entry fee, feed me, fly me home.........and I don't have to pay for a thing?

Not too hard to say "Hell Yeah" to that one. :evil:

We do need to get you out to the track when I get back so we can try those bars on your car.

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, we do....and burn up what's left of these tires....

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Since I've never heard of the WCHRA before, I checked out their website, http://www.westcoasthotrod.com/. Seems it was just formed last year (2007), and they only have five races in 2008 (four at Famoso, and one in Sacto).

But I didn't see any details on the rules/specs for their classes.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
The site is kind of a pain in the butt. On the left side of the screen click on "The Races". Once that page opens you will see "Rules" towards the middle of the page. When you scroll onto the word "Rules" the drop down menu opens and you can see all the classes. Scroll down and highlight the class you want to view and click once. There are really only two classes we can run. Either ".5 Full Tree" which is a typical no-electronics bracket race class or "Open Comp".

I'm going to try Open Comp and see what happens. The only difference between Ultra Stang and their O/C class is..........

.4 tenths Pro Tree (instead of the .5 tenths in FFW)
They allow transbrakes where FFW does not.

Street car footbraking against transbrake race cars. This ought to be interesting.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will be at Fontana for Summit race I wish I knew earlier.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well damn, how did I mess this? How?

Do you have to be a member of the westcoast hot rod association to race?

I am going to see about Sunday.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back