What have you done to your house today

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
All the pieces keep falling into place on the house/property I want to buy.

Just found out the seller agreed to the final terms so we're in !!

A week from today I'll be an official home owner in NH :D

Seller agreed to lower the price of the house enough to pay for us to have it done after the closing.
The way I wanted it.

Great to hear, guys!

They're saying our house will probably be ready to close by the end of next month. Can't wait.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brian that looks like a nice quaint place that isnt too far out of the way but secluded enough to keep any one of us happy.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I just bought kitchen cabinets for it. Going back this afternoon to remove the cabinets from their current house (scheduled for demolition soon). Extras will go in the laundry room or somewhere.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
An inside view of where lots of money changes hands over the holidays:clap:

Dicetable5_zps9f61d94c.jpg

damn I am jealous, I love Craps !

We have a roll out set but not nearly as fun, once the kids move out I would love a table, home is too small right now.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We went and picked out our Christmas tree, put it up and the wife decorated it. Getting the house ready for the annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Party! This will be the 5th year in a row for us to have one.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Sigh, dumping a bunch of money into it right before Christmas.
:dead2::kill:

Upstairs tub developed a leak & soaked through the ceiling. Showed up as the Christmas tree was being put up. So now the plumber is tearing all the in-wall piping & drain out and replacing it for the tub, toilet, and sink. I NEVER want to be in the damn ceiling again. Then I get to spend the weekend patching the big holes in the drywall. OK, enough whining--at least it will be fixed for the next 20-30 years and the kids will have to deal with it next time.

07frppgt

Reaction score
Well since you asked. Insulated the garage and added heat in there. Doing drywall now my stangs gotta stay warm this winter. Also just picked up 4 diamond plate lights to add in garage for more lighting. Just don't tell the wife I threw all her stuff in the basement. Lol

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got my grandfathers radial arm saw rewired and the bench rebuilt. I purposely kept the key switch he used and the paint worn off by his hand over years of use
A3EE5296-355C-4671-8A0D-AD155E2A6534_zpspev36aj5.jpg

17580173-1593-431E-8F44-A943CF3CBC6E_zpsmadwclkb.jpg

26759855-D413-44F0-9BBB-F68DBD5B42A6_zps76elimwx.jpg

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That is really cool! I love stuff like that. It's even better knowing the history of it and that it has stayed in your family. Good stuff brother, congrats!

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That's awesome! Even in my new place I won't have the room for that since the downstairs will eventually be "flex space"

But I did just mention to the GF that I want a urinal in the downstairs bathroom which is yet to be built.
Idea being that if we're gonna have a bunch of guys over for cards night or whatever, they'd all make much less of a mess by using the urinal.

I know I prefer using one if I'm just gonna pee, lol

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
That is really cool! I love stuff like that. It's even better knowing the history of it and that it has stayed in your family. Good stuff brother, congrats!

Yes, it had sat unused for at least past 10 years because it had a short and would shock the heck out of the user. I was a little nervous taking it apart, resoldering to motor etc that I wouldn't break anything or that it was the windings itself with an issue but I got it going no problem!

That's awesome! Even in my new place I won't have the room for that since the downstairs will eventually be "flex space"

But I did just mention to the GF that I want a urinal in the downstairs bathroom which is yet to be built.
Idea being that if we're gonna have a bunch of guys over for cards night or whatever, they'd all make much less of a mess by using the urinal.

I know I prefer using one if I'm just gonna pee, lol

It is quite big, the bench is about 8ft long. This is in the storage side of the basement. I envision the garage is yard & car, and this basement area is wood/house stuff.

that is really cool.

Yep, and it has a lot more capabilities than I ever realized. The few times I had use it were just straight pull cuts. This will angle cut, rotate to rip long ways, tilt for miters. There is also a pile of attachments with router bits, large sanding disks, and I think possibly even drill. I need to really go through all the attachments and the original manuals :thud:

I at least want to add a pegboard behind it, and I'll probably relocate the fluorescent fixture near it to directly over it for better lighting

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
That thing must have been pretty expensive back in the day.

Very capable machine. I like that you can do the rip cuts and angle cuts. Very handy.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
That thing must have been pretty expensive back in the day.

Very capable machine. I like that you can do the rip cuts and angle cuts. Very handy.

" MBF, built between 1956 and1959, increased to $ 249.00"
per this website: http://www.woodcentral.com/bparticles/dewaltrebuild.pdf

So thats probably about 2grand today :omfg:

Edit: Neat, it also has a pile of shaper heads that you invert the motor and use like a router like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AMNjVfS4vs

I am understanding a lot more on how my grandfather rebuilt his entire house down to studs & back in the 60's

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, it had sat unused for at least past 10 years because it had a short and would shock the heck out of the user. I was a little nervous taking it apart, resoldering to motor etc that I wouldn't break anything or that it was the windings itself with an issue but I got it going no problem!

It is quite big, the bench is about 8ft long. This is in the storage side of the basement. I envision the garage is yard & car, and this basement area is wood/house stuff.

Yep, and it has a lot more capabilities than I ever realized. The few times I had use it were just straight pull cuts. This will angle cut, rotate to rip long ways, tilt for miters. There is also a pile of attachments with router bits, large sanding disks, and I think possibly even drill. I need to really go through all the attachments and the original manuals :thud:

I at least want to add a pegboard behind it, and I'll probably relocate the fluorescent fixture near it to directly over it for better lighting
Just be careful using it, radial arm saws can bite you in an instant and are also very prone to kickback.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I bet the "Today Value" is much higher than that... That is quite expensive considering you could buy a 55 Ford Fairlane for $1900.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Just be careful using it, radial arm saws can bite you in an instant and are also very prone to kickback.

I am super cautious with power tools, especially this beast. I have anti-kick fingers but still assume it can and will at anytime. Never stand in line with it and use push sticks, etc

I bet the "Today Value" is much higher than that... That is quite expensive considering you could buy a 55 Ford Fairlane for $1900.

Using this if I assume it was bought in 1960 for $249 = 1,973.78
http://www.in2013dollars.com/1960-dollars-in-2014?amount=249

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Just got a message that our house probably won't be done till the end of March. That's a three month difference than the projected date when we bought it.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Builders always lie about the completion date. I think they are afraid you will go with someone else. I have never seen a builder meet a completion date. How much time did he originally give you to build the house?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back