What have you done to your house today

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Our house is finally textured. They said it should only be about 60 days out now, except there is a wall that is definitely not squared up. We've been bugging them about it since the house was framed, and they -in their infinite wisdom- decided to wait until the house was drywalled and textured to do anything about it.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I did this...

Fucking 2wd truck with Michelin tires. Almost didn't get to work this morning. I really need to pour some concrete there.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
^^ did the same thing yesterday taking my trash to the dumpster.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Finally got the TV mounted on the wall.
i-KGQhLst-M.jpg

Next is swapping the speaker & bookcase positions. Later I'll build a shelf across the tops of the bookcases and get a better center channel.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was pulling a camper out of the field. I knew i should have swapped tires first. Live and learn lol.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Worst part to me was that my Jeep sits in the garage with a winch on it...and the head torn off the engine...

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Our house is finally textured. They said it should only be about 60 days out now, except there is a wall that is definitely not squared up. We've been bugging them about it since the house was framed, and they -in their infinite wisdom- decided to wait until the house was drywalled and textured to do anything about it.

Updating on this.

So my wife went by yesterday to check on the house. They have the entire inside primed for paint, and still haven't done shit to fix the crooked ass wall. She stopped by the office to get a tentative finish date (so we could lock in a rate) and see what the plan was for the wall. Of course, they still have no plan. This is far from being the first time we have had to bug them 4+ times to get off of their asses and fix something. On top of everything, they are now saying April. We went from the finish date being possibly in December (what we were told in September when we signed) to April. She called and raised a fit with their corporate office.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Updating on this.

So my wife went by yesterday to check on the house. They have the entire inside primed for paint, and still haven't done shit to fix the crooked ass wall. She stopped by the office to get a tentative finish date (so we could lock in a rate) and see what the plan was for the wall. Of course, they still have no plan. This is far from being the first time we have had to bug them 4+ times to get off of their asses and fix something. On top of everything, they are now saying April. We went from the finish date being possibly in December (what we were told in September when we signed) to April. She called and raised a fit with their corporate office.
I guess they don't concern themselves with return business. Like buying windows, it's so long before you'll but them again, they just don't care if you're happy... in my experience anyway.

I sure hope it works out well for you.

Badd GT

forum member
Reaction score
I guess they don't concern themselves with return business. Like buying windows, it's so long before you'll but them again, they just don't care if you're happy... in my experience anyway.

There is an element of truth in that statement!! Also, its kind of like cars, you get better service after you buy your Porsche from the Porsche dealer than you do from the Ford dealer for your Ford. I know it seems like a big ticket item to you, but in reality, you bought a Ford.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score

Haha, really. Although this is our third house in as many years, we plan on being in it a while. They definitely haven't given us any reason to reccomend them to anyone. Thanks, man.

There is an element of truth in that statement!! Also, its kind of like cars, you get better service after you buy your Porsche from the Porsche dealer than you do from the Ford dealer for your Ford. I know it seems like a big ticket item to you, but in reality, you bought a Ford.

Very good point. While this house is over twice what we paid for our last one, it's just a blip on their revenue chart. From what I understand, the builder was primarily a commercial and apartment complex builder until recently. I can see that, as I would say they have more of a business-to-business approach to dealing with us than a business-to-customer one, and a shitty one at that!

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
So we went by and took some more pictures of the defect today.

Here's the wall that doesn't line up. The right side of the doorframe is crooked as a used car salesman.

Here's a picture of me holding a vent cover against the back wall to show how square it is.

On a positive note, our cabinets arrived. There sure seems to be a lot of them.

And here's the best shot I could get of the texture on the walls. The primer really makes it blend in. It's a pool trowel texture, which is mostly smooth with a few spots here and there where they pick up the trowel.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
can't say I've been compared to a ill-fitting door before.

i guess there is a first time for everything.

You're a new car salesman who happens to sell used cars. I used to do the same. It's like comparing left and right Twix, completely different processes.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Lol at the car salesman references. That was funny AJ, but you should've said lawyer! My dad and my uncles have been in the car business most of my life. Snarky references used to piss me off to high hades! I finally got over it. Car business is like any other business... You got your good guys and your a-holes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back