What have you done to your mustang today?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Got it done on the fiancée's Shelby a few months ago, parts are still not available supposedly for my '13, as of a few days ago when I called my local dealer

Davidx9x

forum member
Reaction score
Got it done on the fiancée's Shelby a few months ago, parts are still not available supposedly for my '13, as of a few days ago when I called my local dealer

Good thing you got yours done. As i mentioned before i was starting to get worried since the rattling comming from the steering wheel strated gwtting louder. I called a few places and was lucky enough to come accross this particular one. I was on my way in about 20 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got in there and cleaned my throttle body. Visual inspection almost changed my mind as it looked pretty clean. First shot of cleaner and I'm glad I got in there and cleaned it. Also noticed my CAI box wasn't bolted down in the front so fixed that up too.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Oh, that ^^^^^ fuuuuuucking suuuuucks !!!!!
What do you have to do now, replace the whole front cover?

I didn't do anything today with my Mustang, but I did pick up the '69 Mach 1 shell that we just had media-blasted, my fiancee's son's project for the foreseeable future ...

20161107_blasted01.jpg

07 Boss

Reaction score
Yeah front timing cover should be here on Wednesday. I'm starting to tear it down so when it gets here I can slap it on there. I was going top do a whole timing set and upgrade the oil pump while the cover is off but now it looks like it's just the cover and the new H2O pump I bought. I can't divert that much cash from my Firebird build and stay on schedule.

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
Ordered up some 20" wheels and tires- tires arrive tomorrow wheels on Friday- LMR had the 20" FR500 for 100 bucks a wheel in matte black which is the color I was going to go with anyways- Going to order some 18x10 in the spring to run some et street r's for the track days- selling my drag set up and installing the stock torque converter till I build a motor up. going to be different driving with the stock converter again but it will be a nice and welcomed change. Tires are a 255/40/20 a perfect 28" which fills the front wheel wells up on the stock height spring, and fills the rear up with my -1.25/.5 rear bmr drag springs.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Yea that sucks. Did you use a torque wrench?

No, but it wasn't even starting to get tight. Hand tight and then the first turn of the ratchet. Looks like it was cracked for a while. Probably held on there by a small sliver and the bolt.

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
I broke the boss off my front cover for the passenger side idler pulley.

I just got done putting all of the blower piping and cooling system back on my car for the 3rd time, if that were to happen to me, it would have a rag in the tank somewhere in the middle of the desert... Sucks man!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I washed mine today. That might not seem like a big deal but I have well water with a lot of iron and even after the water softener it still leaves spots on the car. This is the second time I've washed my car myself since moving here 18 months ago, plus twice having it washed at the car wash place.

travelers

Reaction score
I washed mine today. That might not seem like a big deal but I have well water with a lot of iron and even after the water softener it still leaves spots on the car. This is the second time I've washed my car myself since moving here 18 months ago, plus twice having it washed at the car wash place.

That sucks, I had to use mine today and nature washed mine. I guess I'll have to rewash it Saturday.

1BigDog

forum member
Reaction score
Took it in for a new battery and first oil change/tire rotation at the Ford dealer in St Augustine. Battery crapped out the other night. And dam, 8 qts of oil in these 5.0's. Sheesh. Did get my wife a running horse key chain though. Also added Redline hood struts a few days ago.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Painted the new timing cover. I used the crinkle finish so that it would match my cam covers and blower.

After about an hour I brought it inside the garage and said to myself, "That is not very crinkly.

Stepped out into the driveway to clean up my tensioner pulley, came back in and all of a sudden it was crinkly. Pretty cool how it changed like that.

Mocked up the new pulleys to see how they looked against the new cover. I'm glad I took the time to paint it because now I think the pulleys really pop against the dark background.

Gonna probably put it on tomorrow or Tuesday. Gotta get back on the road, putting too many miles on my project car.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
That looks awesome, painting it was a great idea!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back