What have you done to your mustang today?

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
A little backwoods engineering and installed a remote trunk button. The Steeda street cowl only came with the drivers side cut open. I took it upon myself to open the passenger side and make the openings look symmetrical. Noticed that once the motor was warmed up I could only get warm air to come out of the vents, even on the coldest setting. If I wanted cool air I had to turn on the A/C. My guess on this is that with the Passenger side cowl opened up the warm engine air was being pulled through the openings in the cowl and in to the ducts. To alleviate this issue I made my own opening on the exterior of the cowl right above the air filter (mine is not a daily driver) and used some plastic to seal off the factory vent on the passenger side. have to wait for the silicone to dry and then give it a test drive. Also as mentioned installed the remote trunk sensor in by my glove box... always annoyed the crap out of me that the the 05-09' models didn't come with one.

trunkbutton.jpg

airopening1.jpg

airopening2.jpg

airopening3.jpg

Zrxpilot

forum member
Reaction score
Did the muffller delete mod the other day. Probably the cheapest mod I will ever do to this car. 15 bucks and a couple hrs in the shop. Sounds awesome.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
Finished dynomatting the trunk and under rear seat. Removed the door panels so I can install moleskin and mat the doors, change the speakers; dreading removing the seats and carpet. Bored with that, started working on changing the alternator........contemplating installing the FRPP intake manifold or just leaving the stock intake. Still collecting parts to get her ready for the paint booth.

whitejon07

forum member
Reaction score
Made my own lower control arm box in plate's and put them on and they worked no wheel hop $14.00 at lowe's and about a hour to weld them on.

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
Car developed a bad squeak, and started to feel funny at highway speeds. So removed my aftermarket lower control arms, and put the factory ones back on. The bushings on my aftermarket ones were completely destroyed. torn to pieces, worn out, looked like hell. Hell on the passenger side, the rear bushing, there was barely a bushing left. Guess road salt is in the enemy of those bushings. they lasted about 2 years.

So squeak is gone, and car feels fine.

Blainestang

Reaction score
Started the '93 for the first time in 2 years. It's got 218k miles on it, and with a little battery charging, started right up.

Drilled and tapped the IRS lower control arms for grease fittings for the Delrin Bushings.

gtcs07

Im just kinda here
Reaction score
Hooked my jlt into the Whipple wired my oil temp gauge and installed my 3.4 pulley

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back