What have you done to your mustang today?

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
I've done a few "wheel spins" lately haha. Glad to hear she's up and running good on the first shot.

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Installed the 3" rear studs and installed the new Enkei PF01 18x 10.5" wheels and Toyo RS1 slicks.

Also, a little Photoshop fun.

2013-10-12_16-16-50_346_zps4e7c7df7.jpg

2013-10-12_14-42-36_299_zps6bf73bb0.jpg

marcscary_zps06f5d624.jpg

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
The entire insulator is gone as well as the center electrode but it also looks like the side electrode is also pushed in evenly and consistently with the other plugs. If you look at the center of the electrode it has a little dimple like all of the others have.

Also, what is the oil about like Dave mentioned?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Oil looks fine. Most of that is antisieze that I put on when I installed the plugs. I think that the 10k miles on the plugs with the consistent use of the wot box killed them lol

Car made 495/495 with them like that. It kind of had a studder that had been getting worse over time. I guess it was the porcelain piece closing in on the ground strap

Edit: Lito doesn't think the wot box caused it. These may have been the earlier design of these plugs. I will be sending him a log with the new plugs! It seems like it got worse over time so I don't think one event necessarily killed them

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
Finally got around to putting tint on the turn signals

The only problem with the vinyl tint from American Muscle is that it leaves a very small lip of orange still. I stretched the tint, then heated it some and stretched it again. I didn't want to put too much heat on the area though with the fresh paint. In the spring I will remove the signals and just do the VHT Nite Shade treatment on them so that it gets full coverage.

swedensky

forum member
Reaction score
Went to my first car show, ended up with 1st place trophy for 2010+ class - very surprised. (About 8-9 coyotes + few v6s and two 4.6s)

Ran once last night, first time with this car, first time driving a manual car on the strip at all...ran a 13.286 at 107.xxmph. Overall very exciting for me!

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
I removed my diff and welded the axle tubes,relocation brackets, installed a scott drake girdle cover and coated it with some paint. Also moved up front and installed che torque limiters which solved my 3rd gear shift issue(already had poly motor mounts and poly filled trans mount) and finished off with some synchromesh oil which also made a big difference compared to what I'm assuming was the stock 60k mile oil but who knows. Very productive weekend but my damn body is killing me lol.

crownaviation

http://www.tudyno.com/
Reaction score
Installed a bmr k member... can't believe I did not do this sooner! Holy crap easy install and screw the weight savings I would do it again just for how much it opens everything up. Finished that and pulled the trans (again) in no time

20131014_013148_zpsaae6d226.jpg

20131014_013116_zpsdb148b14.jpg

Last edited:

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
Changed the oil. Looked at installing the Braided clutch line but ran out of Mojo since I had already changed the oil in the wife's car and my truck so I left it up on stands. I'll probably finish it up tonight.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^I'm sure you probably know but the first transmission shop that worked on mine did not. Those clips that hold the transmission lines do not need to be removed completely from the line. They just pull out about 1/4" and then you can pull the line off.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
^I'm sure you probably know but the first transmission shop that worked on mine did not. Those clips that hold the transmission lines do not need to be removed completely from the line. They just pull out about 1/4" and then you can pull the line off.

Thanks. I was trying to remember that as I was looking at them. The one on the firewall looks like it's going to be fun fun fun...

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
Installed a bmr k member... can't believe I did not do this sooner! Holy crap easy install and screw the weight savings I would do it again just for how much it opens everything up. Finished that and pulled the trans (again) in no time

I really should get around to installing the one I've had in basement for few months now.. but its more the bumpsteer kit that I'd do at sametime, particularly needing correct alignment.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back