What have you done to your mustang today?

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Started installing the fuel pump wiring upgrade kit I got some time ago, stopped when I realized that I didn't know which wire I am to use on a '13 at the fuel pump driver module
The instructions don't mention a violet/green-stripe wire or a white/yellow-stripe wire ...

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
Hung up some lights in the garage for her. Only the lights made the body shops crap job even more apparent.

a8aqa2uv.jpg

y2avu6e2.jpg

Sent from my phone, spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of tapatalk.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Drove it home from Chicago. Had fun on the highway with some kids in the back seat of their parents car. They wanted me to race the parents in a Honda Civic.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
I decided to change the plugs on my car yesterday. I had the CAI and the TB off for cleaning already so it just seem to make sense.

oohhh...shiny

New plugs, anti-siezed and gapped.

First 2 plugs I pull out...yep, one is an AP764 and the other is the recommended part # AP104

so I continue on.. these are all the right side plugs. 2 - AP104 and 2-AP764

Left side plugs. Amazingly they were all AP104's

The last plug...not sure WTF is going on there.

None of them were gapped right, all at .040 and the recommended gap is .054-.056

Car runs like a different car! Some of the plugs weren't even tight, just barely snug. I'm not sure why some of them are really rusted but hopefully it was just from being in there for a long time.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I decided to change the plugs on my car yesterday.
The last plug...not sure WTF is going on there.

That build-up is detonation retarder used in the fuel nowadays. If you are using random station that can be why its that bad.
Some of the non-big name stations use the fuel that didn't meet exact standards of the main company(like Shell/Chevron/etc) because of too much additive etc. and it can cause this on plugs over time.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
That build-up is detonation retarder used in the fuel nowadays. If you are using random station that can be why its that bad.
Some of the non-big name stations use the fuel that didn't meet exact standards of the main company(like Shell/Chevron/etc) because of too much additive etc. and it can cause this on plugs over time.

Wow. That's interesting. I typically stick to Exxon or Sheetz stations. There's nothing saying that the plug hasn't looked like that since before I bought the car.

Lol, Jeff you are nursing that car back to health.

LOL. That's what it feels like. Would love to meet whoever did all this stupid shit :asshat:

Next is transmission fluid and to figure out why the speedometer is still off even with tuner settings to correct gear ratio and tire revs.

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
Went to row some gears on a deserted road during my lunch break today. The 500 mile clutch break in is now officially over. It was bliss.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL. That's what it feels like. Would love to meet whoever did all this stupid shit :asshat:

The same guy who let you buy it with no oil showing on the dipstick!

My first car was a pos 74 nova. When I changed the plugs, the back 4 plugs were original.

Jeffk

forum member
Reaction score
The same guy who let you buy it with no oil showing on the dipstick!

My first car was a pos 74 nova. When I changed the plugs, the back 4 plugs were original.

I would love to blame that guy but that dumbass was me. Lol. And the guy I bought it from wasn't a greasy hands kind of guy. It was whoever owned it before him.

Depending on how old you are a 74 Nova could have been brand new when you started driving. That would only make you like what 55ish?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would love to blame that guy but that dumbass was me. Lol. And the guy I bought it from wasn't a greasy hands kind of guy. It was whoever owned it before him.

Depending on how old you are a 74 Nova could have been brand new when you started driving. That would only make you like what 55ish?

Hey! 52! :) My dad sent me off to the Air Force with it in 1980. It had 85k and the drivers side was all smashed in, but it was mine!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back