What have you done to your mustang today?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
I removed the underhood foam, battery & tray, drained the coolant, removed the degas bottle, all the radiator hoses, fan, and drained the oil and lost the oil pan bolt. I haven't really decided if I am going to be pulling the transmission or leaving it in there so I haven't drained the transmission fluid yet. Now my engine bay is looking empty.

IMG_20141019_181144_zps3090e12b.jpg

^I'm not jealous at all:asshat:

Yeah no kidding! I went to a car show today and everyone was with their V8's and here I am in my little fucking put put V6 like this shit sucks -_-

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
I removed the underhood foam, battery & tray, drained the coolant, removed the degas bottle, all the radiator hoses, fan, and drained the oil and lost the oil pan bolt. I haven't really decided if I am going to be pulling the transmission or leaving it in there so I haven't drained the transmission fluid yet. Now my engine bay is looking empty.

Sorry if I missed it but did you ever find out what happened to your motor? Or are you taking it out now to find out?

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it but did you ever find out what happened to your motor? Or are you taking it out now to find out?

Nope, I haven't found out what the culprit was yet, so I still have to pull the engine. Hopefully I will be doing that this weekend since it is supposed to be in the 60's, but I have to find an engine hoist first.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Got my MGW shifter, BF bracket, and WL transmission bushing installed. What a difference that all makes! Both the MGW and Blowfish pieces are well-made and it's a shame they will never be seen again. In particular, that MGW unit is a work of art.

They make a big difference in shift precision and feel. Since I installed everything at once, I cannot speak to how much each contributes, but I can say things are much better. I haven't been able to romp on it as hard as I'd like, but I have seen that the 2-3 and 4-5 shifts are better, and those downshifts are WAY better.

I ran into an issue with the two part playing nice together which I desacribe in the BF bracket thread here: http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115963

I think with the WL bushing I may have gone a step too far to racecar. I am definitely getting more vibration particularly in the 2k-3k RPM range under load. While cruising, it's ok but overall probably a little too harsh for a DD.

Also got my prize BFG (thanks BFG & GoodGuys) Sport Comp-2's mounted. That showed me just how used up my Pole Position S-04's were. I got my money's worth out of them, but they were past done.

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
This weekend's adventure - The tires were corded on the stock 18" chrome wheels, so I finally got around to swapping on the wheels and tires I bought at Nats - picked up a set of 19x9 / 19x10 Ford Racing GT500 wheels with tires for a deal. And well, if the car is in the air with the wheels off, I might as well put on the suspension (Ford Racing shocks and Struts and K-Springs, along with some low mile top hats) I've had sitting on the shelf for it. And well, if the struts are off and it's in the air I might as well reinstall the sway bar that has been off for the last 6 months since we stole the brackets at a race to fix another car...

Net result, the car that on Friday had corded tires and a wallowing clunking worn out suspension is now sporting a bunch of goodies that made a HUGE difference in the drive, and it looks cooler as a bonus.

10434006_10205280608161873_6743211488745482794_n.jpg

10258191_10205280608201874_5351353837629246878_n.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back