What have you done to your mustang today?

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Going to Install the Boss 302 steering wheel. Quick question for those who have done this.To get the cruise control and horn to work [I don't care about the radio stuff], Is splicing the wires still the only way to do this? Only reason I ask is, I wanted to try and sell the old wheel. I don't think anyone would want it with the connecter cut off the harness. Thanks

This mod is one of my favorites (though I think mine is the GT500 wheel - part Alcantara). I love the way the wheel feels and I'm sure you will too.

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Going to Install the Boss 302 steering wheel. Quick question for those who have done this.To get the cruise control and horn to work [I don't care about the radio stuff], Is splicing the wires still the only way to do this? Only reason I ask is, I wanted to try and sell the old wheel. I don't think anyone would want it with the connecter cut off the harness. Thanks

Just did this the other week. I was able to pick mine up for $70 off fleabay in pretty decent condition. Just had to clean it up a little. Definitely a nice upgrade especially since the car came with the base wheel. Being so...I didn't mind cutting and splicing since I doubt anyone wants the base wheels. But I definitely see where your coming from if you have the premium wheel. The wires are kind of thin so take your time when cutting and splicing. And of course remember to disconnect the battery before removing the wheel. Post some pics when you get it done!

Will the radio controls work if i swap my premium wheel for a gt500 wheel?

If you have a 10+ car yes. 05-09 will need an aftermarket radio and adapter. Heard its a good bit of work but search around and you'll find some threads on it.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I installed tint on my rear lower bumper reflectors. I always hated them. With the car being green and the reflectors being so bright red, always had that Christmas tree look.

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome that allows you to change I/C and anti squat settings a pretty good amount huh?

I see you got to keep your roof while they cut Terry's roof off his where his cage is being done.

On the mount, yup, lots of adj. For me that usually means more chances of picking the wrong adj but have been lucky so far.

Yeah, after looking at the plastic strips on the roof I can see where the thought comes from to chop the roof off. The chassis guy doing mine bought a nice torch for tight spaces, will see if it can get in for the rest of the bars without a problem, still lots left to do. I'm surprised they were able to build off the existing main hoop without cutting it out.

sh4rkbayte

forum member
Reaction score
I installed tint on my rear lower bumper reflectors. I always hated them. With the car being green and the reflectors being so bright red, always had that Christmas tree look.
I hear ya. Those lower rear reflectors are the worst haha. I just ended up doing all of the lights and reflectors. One of the most subtle but effective visual mods you can do!

Shok

forum member
Reaction score
Finally stuck a canned tune on my 05 GT, now just need to find the best bang for the buck CAI that will work with the CAI tunes in the Predator tuner.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Did nothing to the car as she is still in winter hibernation; but received this in anticipation of Spring:
Sard6K5.jpg

ROTBzi1.jpg

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
DBA 4000-series rotors and Hawk HPS 5.0 pads front and rear.

Whoever designed the Brembo caliper is a genius. Easiest pad swap ever.

Whoever designed the rear brake calipers should be shot and peed on.

68132b189c2733814a1f2eadbca94e43.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You guys are making a strong case for Brembos. Maybe not the 6 piston I've got on the way though, lol.
The 6-piston brakes look cool, but they're stupid heavy and provide no real on-track benefit. All the American Iron guys I've seen use the 4-pot Brembos. Cheaper rotors, cheaper 18" tires.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
The 6-piston brakes look cool, but they're stupid heavy and provide no real on-track benefit. All the American Iron guys I've seen use the 4-pot Brembos. Cheaper rotors, cheaper 18" tires.

Cuz FORM > function :chainsaw::crazy:

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
While we're on the subject...are the dust shields a necessity? Most used sets don't come with them. What about the hardware kits like this?

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
Just finished putting on my offroad H. I made that thing my bitch today. I woke up, ate some wheaties, threw on some eye of the tiger and conquered that mid pipe. After I fully asserted my dominance on the cats I took it for a test drive. Now im satisfied. Time for a beer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back