What rear view mirror options are available for 05-09?

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
eBay is flooded with cheap parts that are cross-labeled, so I tried LKQ.
https://www.lkqonline.com/2007/Ford/Mustang/Interior-Interior-Rear-View-Mirror/

...but it comes up with homelink, compass, and temp.

I thought that compass and auto-dim were the only options. Can anyone verify if you have seen an OEM part with homelink (I believe that is the garage door opener) and temp as well?

I have a 2007 premium GT, but it had the basic mirror which has started to deteriorate, so it would be nice to upgrade. I haven't checked for the wiring harness yet though, but it should be there being a premium.

Last edited:

MIDLIFER

Reaction score
Good Evening,
I know was last June you wrote this, I just did a search and your post came up. I'm curious what you ended up doing. This is something I'm considering and would like to do to my 2007.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Good Evening,
I know was last June you wrote this, I just did a search and your post came up. I'm curious what you ended up doing. This is something I'm considering and would like to do to my 2007.

You can use the Brandmotion 9002-9701
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A4EKJ08/

I went with the digital version with auto-dimming, but didn’t wire it yet since I am building the car and will have to be in there for the turbo gauges anyway.

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I got a auto diming one with a compass. The wires were already there just tucked in the headliner and was pretty much plug & play.

I did end up cracking my windshield while removing my old mirror though but got a brand new one OEM one through insurance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I got a auto diming one with a compass. The wires were already there just tucked in the headliner and was pretty much plug & play.

I did end up cracking my windshield while removing my old mirror though but got a brand new one OEM one through insurance.

My exact same experience with my 09. Including breaking the windshield.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
I can’t remember exactly, but used either a small thin screwdriver or Allen wrench to stick under the gap and press the lever. It pops off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
They are supposed to pop off. Even if you have the other one in your hands and see exactly how the clip releases, many of them are defective and simply will not release. I worked on mine for about 3 hours before I finally broke the glass. Call me stupid if you like, but I have removed dozens of mirrors in my lifetime. This one wasn't coming off.

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
They are supposed to pop off. Even if you have the other one in your hands and see exactly how the clip releases, many of them are defective and simply will not release. I worked on mine for about 3 hours before I finally broke the glass. Call me stupid if you like, but I have removed dozens of mirrors in my lifetime. This one wasn't coming off.

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize. That’s a bummer. [emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
i purchased a mirror from a early 00's tahoe iirc, with the coresponding wire harness, and external temp sensor.

It has direction, temp, and auto dimming glass, purchased pretty cheap off ebay

08gtlarscar

forum member
Reaction score
I replaced mine with a nos autodimming w/compass a dealer had.

I used zero tools to remove the old mirror. Most show a tool to be used from the bottom but if you grab the mirror from the top and pivot down it will come off, no broken/cracked windshield in the process.

It will actually start to pivot off with mild pressure from the top, but I used the manhandle yank tactic.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score

Insurance really covered it?

-- edit --

You'd think even w/ installation it wouldn't be much more than the deductible

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have a deductable on glass.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Had the dealer replace my rear view mirror because of how difficult it is to remove without cracking the glass.

They cracked the glass.

Oh, well, I got a brand new windshield out of it.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I put a GM auto-dimming mirror with compass and temp in my old '94 F250. All I had to do was buy the temp sensor, other than that it was pretty easy to wire in. Just an idea.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back