What's it worth?

Trbo6gn

forum member
Reaction score
Gonna be taking my 2011 GT Stock mid pipe to the scrap yard. Does anyone know what the going price is for these cataltyic converters at the recyclers?

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
I wouldn't scrap it personally. If anything hold onto it for when someone finally needs to smog their car. I still have a couple of stock H pipes I loan out for that purpose.

Trbo6gn

forum member
Reaction score
If you do that you'll end up regreting it. Why not just keep it incase you need it later on down the road?

Well i have a buddy who has several that he keeps around just in case someone would need to borrow one. Also when i sold the cats off of my old cobra they paid me 250 bucks. So the money would help fund further mods.

trbobusa

forum member
Reaction score
You do know it's a federal offence to take the cats off a street car, right?
guess we are all goin to the "cat" jail then, really? dont rip that tag off your mattress then... doh..... lol priceless

Last edited:

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
i got over 300 for the ones i had on my 04 mach 1 in iowa. they are worth at least 300 but i ended up using that money for more mods also haha

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Yeah, most will pay 50 bucks for a used mid-pipe with the cats on it.

not sure how these guys are gettign 300+ for Cats.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
if the feds come at me for that, must be an extremely slow day on the terrorist front. I better be able to log onto the jail internet to keep up with this forum too!

I can see it now - Call to wife- Honey hurry up and hide the stang and the mattres and go the store and stock up on soap and honey buns, just in case

Last edited:

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
AKA, titanium.

Thanks. I didn't know what the metal was. I just remember hearing it was worth some money. A guy at work had his stolen over night. Started his truck up in the morning and noticed it was a "little" louder. Looked underneathe and he saw where the cat had been cut out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back