What's YOUR local track?

Discussion in 'Corner Carver Racing Tech Discussion' started by Ivan 5.0, Mar 26, 2014.

1. HDSE

HDSE Junior Member

Button Willow, Willow Springs,

Attached Files:

• WS5.jpg
      WS5.jpg
      File size:
      91.4 KB
      Views:
  2. jake_zx2

jake_zx2 forum member

Clubs: none
    Nearby Tracks: Nurburgring, Hockenheim, Monza (kinda), Spa (kinda)

3. DCA08GT

DCA08GT Member

image.jpg

4. Shrek427R

Shrek427R Junior Member

Recently moved here from NorCal. Sears Point, Laguna-Seca, Thunderhill.
    Been to Wild Horse Pass (Main) and love the straightaway though the course is dated (chewed up and choppy). Guess I'm NorCal track surface spoiled.
    AMP looks like a flat course too. Missing elevation.

5. iank

iank Junior Member

I live near Allentown, Pa, so I'm close to 4 great tracks. 90 minutes from New Jersey Motorsports Park, 3 hours from Summit Point, 3 hours to Lime Rock Park, and only 1 hour from Pocono (roadcourse inside the Nascar tri-oval) I'd consider NJMP to be my home track as I drive there the most.

6. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

carolina motor sports park a tad far almost 3 hours

7. Strengthrehab

Strengthrehab forum member

Since moving to Texas I have MSR-HOUSTON, MSR-CRESSON, TEXAS WORLD SPEEDWAY and COTA anywhere from 1-4 hours away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

8. Gray Ghost GT

Gray Ghost GT Road Racing Fanatic!

Summit Point - 2 hours

Just completed a set of NASA HPDE 3 sessions at SP yesterday. Consistent 1:25, and managed a PB of 1:24.7! Perfect weather too.

Heading to VIR with Trackdaze in November for a day of the full course and a day of the Grand course!

Update 11/5: Returned from a TrackDaze VIR event (Full and Grand) - achieved a PB of 2:11 on the Full, ,and 3:06s on the Grand!!

Mike

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  9. Juice

Juice forum member

WGI, which is where I have the most laps. :) Been to NJMP Thunderbolt (car), Pocono (north course, east course, and FUSA courses, bike) Summit Point (Jefferson & main courses, bike).

10. oldVOR

oldVOR forum member

When were you last at SP? Did you race under WERA or CCS?

11. Juice

Juice forum member

Its been a years. I did a lot of track days with TeamProMotion. And since my leathers seem to have shrunk, I've only been doing track days with cars. Been itching to ride on track lately.... have to get all new gear $$$$$

12. Ken04

Ken04 gm troll basher

Portland International Raceway. Within a couple hours of here is The Ridge in Shelton, Pacific in the Seattle area and ORP which is in the middle of nowhere Grass Valley Oregon. No club, just HPDE. Also got into autocross last year, absolutely love it. We've (my wife and I, she has a Stage 3 Roush, I have a Roush Trak Pak) done The Shelton airport course and Packwood Wa. Great fun.

frank s likes this.
  13. mrfatride

mrfatride Junior Member

Gingerman Raceway, Waterford Hills, M1 Concourse, Grattan Raceway

14. JJ427R

JJ427R forum member

Brainerd and Road America are my two closest here in Minnesota... Brainerd is a track a lot of people don't even know about, 2 tracks 2.5 mile and 3.1 which runs down the dragstrip, wide fast track, only very flat not much elevation change. Performance Driving School is great http://www.birperformance.com/

The Paul Newman Winning video has a lot of footage of him running on the old Donnybrooke track (BIR)

Northwood Shelby is the group at RA I run with www.nwshelbyclub.com

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  15. JBert

JBert Junior Member

Here in central Massachusetts we have two "local" tracks:

Thompson Speedway -- the first purpose-built road track in America, recently rebuilt and refreshed. There are quite a few track days here with various organizations, plus events on the 5/8-mile banked oval
    http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/

Palmer Motorsports Park -- new track that winds its way up and down a big hill, very fun track!
    http://palmermotorsportspark.com/

SCCA Track Night in America has events at both, which is probably the easiest way to get out on track.

16. Fabman

Fabman Children Of The Corn

I'm halfway between Sonoma raceway and Laguna Seca.

17. frank s

frank s at Play

Why don't you just say, "Ideal situation"?

MY 'local' track is more than a hundred miles away from San Diego. Sigh.

18. JJ427R

JJ427R forum member

No Doubt huh!!! 3 hours to BIR for me almost 5+ to Road America.... although plans are in the works for a track 8 miles from me, good and bad having a track that close if ya know what I'm saying....
    Supposed to have garage condo's so told the wife we were selling the house and moving if it happens, she laughed, I think she thinks I'm joking....

Fabman likes this.
  19. Fabman

Fabman Children Of The Corn

lol....at least something is to my advantage.
    Thunder hill is also about 3 hours from me.
    After that, tracks are all down south and 5 or more hours away, so we go to laguna a lot.

20. Ken04

Ken04 gm troll basher

I'm now 20 minutes from Sonoma, 3 hours from Laguna Seca and 2 hours from Thunderhill.

Fabman likes this.