Which springs for Brembo car? 2011+

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
I had read that the struts/shocks for the Brembo car are valved differently, so i'm trying to take that in to consideration with new springs. I want to the lower the car as much as possible, but I also want the ride to be pretty nice. IMO, the stock ride is pretty bouncy. So i'm hoping to keep the stock shocks and struts in place and just toss in some new springs.

I keep seeing alot of users with K springs. How well do those match up to the stock dampners? Really wanted to go with Sportlines or H&R SS, but I've heard the ride is pretty horrible. Any other/better suggestions?

Also, with just replacing the springs, would I need to still purchase the GT500 strut mounts?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
If you go with the K springs you don't need anything else with them. The ride is a bit firm with the '11 dampers, but it's really not bad compared to some of the others.

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
Personally I really enjoy my BMR's. To me looks real aggressive and ride is very good for the stance.

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
The more you lower it, the more strain on the stock shocks/struts. That combined with the higher rate spring could make them wear out quicker. Also, "wanting to lower the car as much as possible, but also want the ride to be pretty nice" are things that typically work against each other, especially keeping the stock shocks/struts. You might have to compromise somewhere.

The K springs are a popular choice and you might want to check out the selections from Steeda as well. I went with Steeda Sport springs (per recommendation of Sam Strano) and still have my stock Brembo shocks/struts. The Sport springs don't drop it as much as some others but I wasn't trying to get into the weeds. I wanted a moderate drop and improved performance - the Steeda sports were perfect for me.

If you are just changing springs you do not need the GT500 strut mounts. Be careful when you do the front end, though, as the stockers may come apart if you let them drop or hit the ground.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I just had a customer call me earlier with a Brembo GT, and thanked me for making such a great set of springs.

I am not aware of the rates of the K Springs, but our springs provide a linear working rate of 165F / 160R. They provide an excellent ride, help with traction/wheelhop and are a great upgrade for handling, compared to the stockers. The best faeture for most of my customers is, the ability to run them with the stock shocks/struts.

If you have any additional questions about them, please feel free to ask.

Happy Modding!

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score
I just had a customer call me earlier with a Brembo GT, and thanked me for making such a great set of springs.

I am not aware of the rates of the K Springs, but our springs provide a linear working rate of 165F / 160R. They provide an excellent ride, help with traction/wheelhop and are a great upgrade for handling, compared to the stockers. The best faeture for most of my customers is, the ability to run them with the stock shocks/struts.

If you have any additional questions about them, please feel free to ask.

Happy Modding!

how much do your springs lower a Brembo car?

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
I am not aware of the rates of the K Springs, but our springs provide a linear working rate of 165F / 160R.!

FRPP K springs are progressive. Front: 173/248. Rear: 195/236.

Your BMR springs will provide a softer ride.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
100_0911-1.jpg

Not really sure why it appears that his rear axle is misaligned. He is a drag racer, so maybe he has a slightly twisted axle tube.

Here is another pic. It would sit the same as this car.

2011_2-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
I was looking at the BMR's, and the stance is pretty nice on them. I also like the package pricing I noticed on the site. I just wish they were a little bit lower (although the Black one looks good).

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
The more you lower it, the more strain on the stock shocks/struts. That combined with the higher rate spring could make them wear out quicker. Also, "wanting to lower the car as much as possible, but also want the ride to be pretty nice" are things that typically work against each other, especially keeping the stock shocks/struts. You might have to compromise somewhere.

The K springs are a popular choice and you might want to check out the selections from Steeda as well. I went with Steeda Sport springs (per recommendation of Sam Strano) and still have my stock Brembo shocks/struts. The Sport springs don't drop it as much as some others but I wasn't trying to get into the weeds. I wanted a moderate drop and improved performance - the Steeda sports were perfect for me.

If you are just changing springs you do not need the GT500 strut mounts. Be careful when you do the front end, though, as the stockers may come apart if you let them drop or hit the ground.

Definitely aware of the extra stress on the stock shocks/struts, which is another reason for changing my mind against going with Sportlines. I'm just "hoping" to find a set of springs that will work well with the stock components but also lower "as much possible". Hopefully that makes sense lol.

I was checking out the Steeda's as well, mainly the Ultra Lite's.

Thanks for the info so far guys

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
riored, the drop would duplicate the black car.

The Grabber Blue car, the drop is deceiving due to the rear axle placement.

Here is another shot of that car:

2011.jpg

Here is another 2011+

coyote.jpg

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Here's another shot with the BMR springs. My car isn't a Brembo car I just have the wheels. The ride is really good and I reused my shocks/struts. A panhard bar is a must in my opinion. The BMR one I have took all of 5 minutes to install.

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
5141210.jpg

If you don't buy from Kelly(BMR) for whatever reason, here is mine on Eibach Sportlines w/Double adj BMR Panhard to pull things back in place.

TO ME, the only thing better would be coilovers or air.

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Are the BMR springs sold only for the rear for $129 the same springs that come when you buy both front and rear BMR springs? Hope this question makes sense....

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
^ Car looks "HOT" sir.....great job. ;)

Are the BMR springs sold only for the rear for $129 the same springs that come when you buy both front and rear BMR springs? Hope this question makes sense....

Absolutely.

It is very common for S197 Mustang owners to purchase just the rear springs.

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
Hmm.. last couple pictures have me leaning towards the BMR's. Seems like a nice drop for a daily driver.

If you don't buy from Kelly(BMR) for whatever reason, here is mine on Eibach Sportlines w/Double adj BMR Panhard to pull things back in place.

TO ME, the only thing better would be coilovers or air.

LOVE the look of Sportlines. I've unfortunately read that it rides really rough, especially for a daily driver so it's kind of steered me away from them.

riored4v

Just Brew It
Reaction score
Leaning heavily towards the K springs. Really liking the drop on them and seem about perfect for a DD.

Thoughts on using those with the stock struts/shocks?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back