Why are you sticking with your S197?

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
In 10 years from now, 15 tops, it will be nothing but hybrids + 100% electric vehicles. The oil industry's days are numbered. The writing is on the wall. I just saw 3 x chevy bolts less than 1 hr ago, while running errands. Nissan leafs all over town too, heck, they even have an electric car club in town, bigger than the mustang club. The 2019 leaf gets upgraded from a 40 kwh battery to a 60 kwh battery. Chevy bolt is already 60 kwh. Tesla comes in 50/75/80 kwh. You can see where this is all going. Jaguar, mercedes, volvo, bmw, are all going electric. Volvo will no longer be manufacturing gasoline cars next year, only hybrids. They are already running newspaper articles about the demise of your local service station, soon to be extinct, along with eng and tranny repair shops, muffler shops, radiator shops etc, etc. They were quoting approximate reduction in work force numbers per year, for the next 10-15 years. Paint + body work + tires will be all that's left.
I don't bereave we will move away from fossil fuels on that level for some time. America is spread out enough that electric doesn't work in our rural shitty infrastructure, mandated or not. Combined with the fact that the amount of vehicles on the roads everyday from the 90's should tell you America can't afford the "upgrade".
You will see the tech proliferate though, I'll give you that.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
...I guess if the new Bullitt comes out, I will look, but that ugly carp face doesn't make me want to turn around and look one more time.

Ugly carp face...LOL! That perfectly sums up how I think the front-end of the S550 looks.

icebroker

Reaction score
For me the S550 reminds me too much about the industry which try’s to design cars everybody loves. I‘m from Europe and same things happen to german cars as well. Cars, like the S550, try to match everybody’s taste and lose their Charakter. I’ll stick with my S197 because it’s special. Some say it’s ugly, but most people love it. It’s not an everybody’s car, it reminds me of the good, old U.S. Ponycars and in my point of view it’s the last one (the <2010 even more then the >2010).

The coyote engine though is awesome, why I’m swapping it into my 2005.

Just my thoughts..

Dad

forum member
Reaction score
Because it's what I bought. And I'll keep it until it either lays down completely or one of the kids earns it.

eolson

Reaction score
I agree, for someone my age 53, I specifically like the 05's modernized call back to the best years of the car, and it's fairly spartan appearance inside and out. That's why I bought it. Not to mention at the time in 06, the car was lighter than most in it's class, and had the largest affordable aftermarket in the world. Now supercharged, with all basic suspension (including watts link) and chassis improvements added, brakes, wheels, tires, I love the fact that my car is lighter, with a better hard corner suspension, and faster that most cars still of it's basic type.

550 hp 530tq, 3530lbs total weight (many weight loss items), better front to rear weight ration than stock, with all the items mentioned above is still a very fun car, especially if you consider how much heavier some of the high HP cars are now Cadillacs, Hellcat, some Mercedes, ect.. I'm still happy. Erik

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back