Wicked gt500 at car show

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went to a car show tonight to check out some of the local hot rods and there was a gt500 that had a kenne bell and built motor. Impressive car but then I talked to the guy and I figured out he was a tool, he carried around his dyno sheet which he had laminated and put under the windshield wiper. It put down about 890rwhp and 780ish ft lbs torque, no rollbar or cage, I guess it's for bragging rights.

He said he had about 150,000 in the car and 30k in the motor but the funny thing was he was still on stock suspension lol. He was telling me about his street tune which was 103 octane tune on supposedly 40lbs of boost. I didn't think any kenne bell was capable of that kind of boost, the more I talked to him the less interested in the car I became. I don't think he had a clue what he was talking about and blowing smoke up everyones ass. His boy had a foose mustang which was a sharp car but problably not for the money.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
40lbs of boost.......:bs:

God knows he may have $150K in it depending on what shop built it --- maybe they took advantage of his ignorant ass.

And the 890rwhp with no cage, stock suspension, and I presume a street tire? Why? Thats why I don't go to car shows, alot of them (not all) are just a bunch of wanabees. Remember the "Warp 7" mustang on the cover of Modified Magazine? He said it did a 7.54 @ 214mph with no cage and the magazine printed it!!!

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
What's up with all the stickers, especially the giant black COBRA letters on the front???

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well at least it sounded good. But that power is useless with a nitto on there.

What combo is a 6.2L with GT40 heads? Did he mean the new GT heads?

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the combo but I believe he said the heads were off a ford gt. I think he owned one of them before the gt500 the way he talked. The car sounded like shit when he moved it at the show, it was a very raspy and tinny sound. I bet it would sound good under a load though.

Reaction score
30k in an engine?????? WTF does he have for pistons, 40ct. diamonds? Sometimes its just best to walk away on those...

white05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No, I don't have any pics of the cars. I ended up walking away thinking it's a shame some dumbass has the money to do whatever he wants and doesn't know a fucking thing about it. Atleast not much other than a dyno sheet.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back