Will They Fit? Multiple Wheel Choices.

CAMELCAT

Reaction score
** Before reading ahead, I have a 2006 GT at stock height. I will be lowering about 1-1.5 inches in the future. **

So I have a buddy with a 240sx with a 5-lug swap (same bolt pattern as us) who says he would sell me some wheels cheap so that I wouldn't be "rolling around on stocks" when I go to shows and such.

Problem is, that the offset on most of his wheels are in the +10 to +30. I searched around and most of the common fitments are above +30.

I don't want something that pokes outside of the fender and I don't want to have a stretched tire look that most of the 240sx guys have going on. I want a decent tire and something that I am not afraid of doing some spirited driving on.

Here are the wheels:

- 2 sets (square set-up): 18x9.5 +10
- 1 set (square set-up): 18x9 +25
- 1 set (square set-up): 18x9 +26 (probably would be the same as above)
- 1 set (staggered set-up): 18x9 +25 (front), 18x10 +20 (rear)

Yes, he has a lot of wheels. Most of them he uses for drifting even though they are nice wheels...

Also, what tire would be recommended? I don't want to go anything lower than a 255/40. Pics would definitely be appreciated.

In advance, thanks for all the help!

Cliff notes:

Buddy trying sell me wheels because I look hella-stock. Don't know if they will fit. Stock 06 GT. Multiple sizes. Recommend tires. Pics welcomed. Thanks!

CAMELCAT

Reaction score
And before someone puts search noob, I tried.

The wheel calculator just doesn't make sense to me.

In this forum, I only came up with random threads and the slammed on 18's thread. On google, I found an sn95 with the bottom fitment (staggered), but it looked like it had a lot of work.

Again, Thanks in advance!

CAMELCAT

Reaction score
I did read the sticky. The .xpls link was expired and does not work anymore. I know that the sticky was speaking in general what would fit, but at the ride height I have now, I could fit a lot of wheel sizes and it wouldn't look very good (i.e. - mexipoke and so forth). Like I said, even in the sticky, most offsets are over +30 and most of the offsets I listed are under that.

The wheel calculator doesn't make sense to me. I'm really bad at those things. I even tried doing the math and from mm to inches and going outside to measure. In the end, it still doesn't make sense.

All of the 18s' will fit, but I live really far from my friend, so going out to try is out of the question. Plus they don't have tires/have crappy tires on them.

I was just trying to see if anyone has tried any/or close to the offsets that are listed above to see what would look best. What would sit flush/be inside the fender instead of poking out, what wouldn't rub or destroy the fender/inner lining, and tire sizes considering bulge/stretch.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Both the 18x9 square setups will work and will be even with the edge of the fenders. I have 18x9 with 24 mm offset for my winter wheels and 255/45 is the best size tire for those wheels. The other wheels, 18x9.5 +10 and 18x10 +20, don't have enough offset to work without sticking out past the fenders.

Tron

forum member
Reaction score
if he is your buddy then why not just try out each wheel on the car and see how they look?

CAMELCAT

Reaction score
I stated before that he lives far away, the wheels have no tires or have crappy tires. He lives about 4 hours away without traffic. He also has a hectic schedule with kids, wife, work and all. It's not a simple thing to go, just hang out, and try out some wheels.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
From the sticky:

Common Offsets
9" +24 to +45
9.5" +30 to +45
10" +36 to +51
10.5" +42 to +57
11" +59 or greater

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
As stated the square setups will be best. The other two will poke quite a bit. The 18x10 will have some poke. You'd probably have to run a 255 on it to keep from rubbing

CAMELCAT

Reaction score
From the sticky:

Common Offsets
9" +24 to +45
9.5" +30 to +45
10" +36 to +51
10.5" +42 to +57
11" +59 or greater

Exactly why I asked the question. Out of 5 sets, 2 are within those.

It's easier to give a helping reply rather than state the obvious.

I understand there was a sticky. I referred to it and actually pointed out that the .xpls link is broken/not working. In my opening post, I stated that I searched and the common sizes are above +30. Hell, I could probably fit 22 inch spinners, but it's better that I don't

As stated the square setups will be best. The other two will poke quite a bit. The 18x10 will have some poke. You'd probably have to run a 255 on it to keep from rubbing

Thanks! I really wanted to do that set, but thinking about it, I would rather stay on the safe side with the square set ups. Now to choose...

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
just in case, like me, you need visual reference here is my car.
19x9.5 +22 with an 8mm spacer up front for brake clearance.

CAMELCAT

Reaction score
just in case, like me, you need visual reference here is my car.
19x9.5 +22 with an 8mm spacer up front for brake clearance.

Yes! Thank you! Great looking mustang. I saw it in another thread.

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here is a shot of my car when i first got it with what became my winter wheels. It will give you and idea of what 24mm offset looks like.

CAMELCAT

Reaction score
Here is a shot of my car when i first got it with what became my winter wheels. It will give you and idea of what 24mm offset looks like.

Thanks a lot! Those look like the size I would go for. I really appreciate it!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back