Will you guys PLEASE stop resetting my "weekly digest" email subscription preferences?

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
Every few months, it seems the "weekly digest" setting gets set back to "subscribed" and I start receiving the "weekly digest".

I keep having to set it back to "unsubscribe".

How many different ways do I have to tell this site that I DO NOT WANT PERIODIC EMAIL MESSAGES FROM THIS SITE?

If I want to check out what's going on here, I will log in to do so.

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just now did that at the same time I "unsubscribed" again. Guess we'll see how that works out.

But look: if they aren't intentionally changing up people's preferences here, then this site has a bug, and that's that. They need to fix it, or get it fixed.

And if they ARE intentionally changing up people's preferences, well, then for shame ... :) :)

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't know we had such a letter. I guess my contact preferences must be staying in tact.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just now did that at the same time I "unsubscribed" again. Guess we'll see how that works out.

But look: if they aren't intentionally changing up people's preferences here, then this site has a bug, and that's that. They need to fix it, or get it fixed.

And if they ARE intentionally changing up people's preferences, well, then for shame ... :) :)

I can assure you that no one is purposely resetting your email preferences. There is not an option to change, edit, or administer a user's email preferences in the user moderation screen. The only mention at all of email preferences is whether or not you want to receive email notification when a new conversation message is received.

kcbrown.JPG

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Then we must be looking at a bug. It may be that when you make some change to the system (perhaps an upgrade?), the system decides that “hey, we have these cool new features that everyone needs to know about so we’ll just reset the bulk notification preferences to their defaults to ensure that everyone finds out!”

I’ve seen things like that happen plenty of times in plenty of other more commercially-oriented sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back