Wipers, blower, battery drain

Dylan

Reaction score
hey guys,
I installed a turbo kit along with a wot box and guages recently and have come to find out my wipers wont work nor will they spray in any position on the switch, my climate control blower wont blow at any position on the switch and if I dont leave my car on a battery tender over night I wake up to a dead battery. Ive checked fuses in the interrior and exterrior relays. Nothing seems blown Im wondering if it could be a bad sbj?
Anyone got some ideas I think im out of them.
Thanks
Car is a 2006 mustang gt

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Both systems have Fuse F2.3 on the Smart Junction Box in common. It is a 10 amp fuse according to my paper prints on the 2005. This is a keyed on/acc power source. They also share Ground point G201 in common. G201 is a ground located behind the glove box on passenger side. See page 151-12 of the 2005 Mustang Wiring manual for reference. Unfortunately the on-line diagrams are missing this section. I am referencing my paper copy.

It's likely that fuse or the related feed. If the fuse is NOT blown you would be best to start disconnecting each item you wired in to find the source of the voltage sag and drain. If the fuse is blown and keeps blowing when you replace it (WITH THE CORRECT FUSE SIZE), you will again need to disconnect all recently added items to find the source of the short to ground.

F2.3 FUSE will be found on the SJB in the right side. It should be found four rows up fro mteh bottom and one to the left. IT is close to the mounting tab that holds the SJB in place. THe fuse puller is in the lower right corner for reference. Sadly this reference page is also blank on the on lone reference. That page in the paper version is 11-3.

Good luck

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back