Worst Outcome - Better Times Ahead?

06GT-Red

Reaction score
Just put a loud exhaust under her so you don’t hear the tick :happythumbs:
Funny you should mention that. Been thinking about installing a set of BBK ceramic coated shorties. Concerned about increased exhaust sound volume, though.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Funny you should mention that. Been thinking about installing a set of BBK ceramic coated shorties. Concerned about increased exhaust sound volume, though.

What, I can't even.. I don't... We need loud noises!

Glad everything worked out for you.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Got my GT back! Replacement engine revs smoothly. Everything seems to work just fine. An rough idle problem was due to a new but bad Champion 7989 plug, per my mechanic. The bad 7989 was replaced with one of the old Motorcraft 2 piece plugs and things smoothed right up. Test driving this evening was quite satisfying. I had missed driving my car. Unfortunately, a ticking sound while idling that we thought was solved by tightening an exhaust manifold bolt seems to have returned. I may try to post a video in which the ticking can be heard tomorrow.

AS riptide noted, BRISK makes a one piece plug solution for the older 4.6 L engines that used the 2 piece plugs.

06GT-Red

Reaction score
What, I can't even.. I don't... We need loud noises!

Glad everything worked out for you.
No worries. Heard from my intended headers installer. The BBK shorties will increase exhaust volume very little from what I have now. Installer does think I should get a 10 to 15 hp gain from them, though. I know that hp gains from bolt on mods are not directly additive, but the headers, along with my axle-backs, coils, and CAI should provide an appreciable boost over stock hp.

06GT-Red

Reaction score
Took my 06 Mustang GT on its refitted shakedown cruise this morning. Drove about 100 miles mainly on secondary highways. Results were gratifying, as they should be, given all that has happened over the last several weeks. Mileage per the car’s computer was 23.3 mpg. Acceleration was smooth through all gears, and surprising! I passed a truck and was doing 100 mph in an instant - I slowed down quickly. No odd engine noises or hesitation; very smooth running. The drive was lots of fun.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back