WTB: Full Set of 08-09 Bullitt Springs

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Looking for a full set of OEM take-off front springs (4R33-5310-GA) & rear springs (5R33-5560-AA) from a 08-09 Ford Mustang Bullitt.

Will need to see the tag # on the springs to verify authenticity. Have checked online in several places to date & can't find the rear springs anymore (all show to be discontinued) but the front springs are still available at this time.

The rear springs are supposed to be 6mm shorter w\ a stiffer spring rate than a std GT rear spring (which coincidentally shows to be the same part # but my OEM 09 springs have the lt blue tags on both front & rear springs......the front Bullitt springs show to be the orange SGA tag'd 4R33-5310-GA part# so am assuming that the rear Bullitt springs also will have the orange SGA tag version of 5R33-5560-AA). Ran a Bullitt's VIN to find the front springs but no dice on the rear springs to date.....................

If someone has a set that needs a new home, hit me up.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Don't have bullet springs but do have a full set of new (used 2 weeks) FRPP "P" springs if interested.

Mustang Terlingua

Reaction score
I found one 5R3Z 5560 AA part number at a dealer in Virginia. I'm still lookin for another one. The number stamped in the inside of the spring at the bottom is 5R33-5560 AA (engineering number). I'll make Y'all a deal on the old ones when I find the other one. Car has 15,000 on it. I know why em I changing them out, cuz I have apart doing the Roush upper control arm & GT500 upper bushing at housing. Also installed the a Eaton True Trac differential & Koni red shocks & struts.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Don't have bullet springs but do have a full set of new (used 2 weeks) FRPP "P" springs if interested.
Thanks for the offer DieHarder but I'm not wanting to lower my Stang any lower (especially in the front) than what it already is (running 26" tires which lowers my ride 1\2" overall from stock ride height w\ OEM 27" tires) due to the area where I live (not conducive to lowered vehicles unless you like constantly making repairs\replacing stuff.....I drag my chin spoiler\K-member enough as it is) but I would like to increase the spring stiffness a little over my stock springs thus is why I'm looking for a set of OEM 08-09 Bullitt springs since they were designed\tuned w\ 18" wheels in mind (weight) but are a little lower in the rear (approx 6mm or 1\4"....this I can go with) & stiffer according to the period Bullitt brochures I've read. I got a set of GT500 front strut bump stops (the FP kit....already installed the 2 rear stops) to install thus want to do all this at the same time.

The front Bullitt springs I can get easily but the rear Bullitt springs are almost non-existent anymore thru dealerships.

Heck I just ran VIN from a 08 GT500 thru www.ford.parts.com (this site ties you to a Ford dealership so am using my local dealership....which may be part of my problem due to being regional in scope) & they don't show any replacement springs for it anymore.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
I found one 5R3Z 5560 AA part number at a dealer in Virginia. I'm still lookin for another one. The number stamped in the inside of the spring at the bottom is 5R33-5560 AA (engineering number). I'll make Y'all a deal on the old ones when I find the other one. Car has 15,000 on it. I know why em I changing them out, cuz I have apart doing the Roush upper control arm & GT500 upper bushing at housing. Also installed the a Eaton True Trac differential & Koni red shocks & struts.
That's the issue w\ the engineering number alone......it doesn't designate a specific spring rate. The tag color & the 2 end letters does. For 05-09 S197's I've found there are 6 different front springs depending on usage (lt blue AA, blue BA, white CA, tan DA, yellow FA & orange GA.....all discontinued except for the orange GA springs which came up when I ran a legit 08 Bullitt's VIN) & 2 different rear springs (lt blue AA, orange BA.....both show discontinued & neither came up when I ran the same Bullitt's VIN).

My 09 Stang's OEM springs are the lt blue AA designation for both front & rear springs thus I'm assuming that the Bullitt's rear springs are of the orange SGA tag to match the front springs. My car came w\ 17" OEM wheels but I am running the 07-09 GT500 18" x 9.5" wheels now.

I'll head to my local dealership to see if they can dig something out on this........someone's hoarding a set of these somewhere.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer DieHarder but I'm not wanting to lower my Stang any lower (especially in the front) than what it already is (running 26" tires which lowers my ride 1\2" overall from stock ride height w\ OEM 27" tires) due to the area where I live (not conducive to lowered vehicles unless you like constantly making repairs\replacing stuff.....I drag my chin spoiler\K-member enough as it is) but I would like to increase the spring stiffness a little over my stock springs thus is why I'm looking for a set of OEM 08-09 Bullitt springs since they were designed\tuned w\ 18" wheels in mind (weight) but are a little lower in the rear (approx 6mm or 1\4"....this I can go with) & stiffer according to the period Bullitt brochures I've read. I got a set of GT500 front strut bump stops (the FP kit....already installed the 2 rear stops) to install thus want to do all this at the same time.

The front Bullitt springs I can get easily but the rear Bullitt springs are almost non-existent anymore thru dealerships.

Heck I just ran VIN from a 08 GT500 thru www.ford.parts.com (this site ties you to a Ford dealership so am using my local dealership....which may be part of my problem due to being regional in scope) & they don't show any replacement springs for it anymore.

Appears Aerofinz has exacting what you're looking for: https://www.s197forum.com/threads/new-nos-and-take-off-mustang-parts-1-of-2.138840/

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back