xcal 2 and tunnable induction intake

leos06gtll

forum member
Reaction score
xcal 2 and tunnable induction intake 95mm maf housing
comes with 3 bama chips tunes for tjf1 pcm. 87 oct "torq" for just intake,93 "perf" tune for just intake and a 91 oct "race tune" that is a tune for intake and cmdp

asking 300 for the combo

IMG_7134.jpg

IMG_7135.jpg

IMG_7136.jpg

Last edited:

leos06gtll

forum member
Reaction score
The tunes are car specific and unusable on any other car.
87 oct is just an intake tune
93 oct is just an intake tune
91 oct is intake and delete plate tune

you can upload any tune for any specific pcm by buying a tune thur bama or brendspeed. Or I believe that you can re set the tuner not to have the tunes and use sct's tunes.

with that being said price drop to $325

mmiller40

Reaction score
87 oct is just an intake tune
93 oct is just an intake tune
91 oct is intake and delete plate tune

you can upload any tune for any specific pcm by buying a tune thur bama or brendspeed. Or I believe that you can re set the tuner not to have the tunes and use sct's tunes.

with that being said price drop to $325

Yeah you can get a boxed tune for 40$ from BBR.
From my experience you cannot use a tune programmed for one car on another. Inside the tune file, the PCM ID must match the cars PCM ID. It was explained to me as "intellectual property". Like the encryption on a DVD. Most know this already but I just wanted to point that out to potential buyers who may not.

leos06gtll

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah you can get a boxed tune for 40$ from BBR.
From my experience you cannot use a tune programmed for one car on another. Inside the tune file, the PCM ID must match the cars PCM ID. It was explained to me as "intellectual property". Like the encryption on a DVD. Most know this already but I just wanted to point that out to potential buyers who may not.

I know that was stated in the first post
"comes with 3 bama chips tunes for tjf1 pcm"

mmiller40

Reaction score
I know that was stated in the first post
"comes with 3 bama chips tunes for tjf1 pcm"
I suck at explaining.. Strategy code if different for each car, no matter if the PCM matches or not. It wont work. Only reason I know is I bought one on here advertised same way and it came with boxed brenspeed tunes. Load them on the car and it wont do ANYTHING... including start :)

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bump for a great setup and price. This was my first performace mod on my 07. Made 32rwhp this setup on the 93 canned demolet tuneable inductions tune.

Grab this setup and get a BBR tune and you will be good to go.

leos06gtll

forum member
Reaction score
I suck at explaining.. Strategy code if different for each car, no matter if the PCM matches or not. It wont work. Only reason I know is I bought one on here advertised same way and it came with boxed brenspeed tunes. Load them on the car and it wont do ANYTHING... including start :)
There were certain ones that were updated but the dealer should of told you,mine has never been updated so the strategic so it matches the pcm.
I know what your talking about, but saying that all cars have different strategic codes is not correct they match the pcm unless your pcm was flashed by the dealership. Theres a huge thread on this that Doug posted and most tuning companies will update your tune for free, I know Doug did.

leos06gtll

forum member
Reaction score
Bump for a great setup and price. This was my first performace mod on my 07. Made 32rwhp this setup on the 93 canned demolet tuneable inductions tune.

Grab this setup and get a BBR tune and you will be good to go.

thanks, and this would be the best option in my opinion that way you get a custom tune to your mods. I made 291rwhp and 307tq with just the intake and a frpp x pipe

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went from 263rwhp bone stock on 87oct. to 295rwhp with the cai and 93 octane canned tune

BigEdJr

Still learning...
Reaction score

Not always true... I bought a used one once and it worked great. I also ended up selling it to someone else and it worked fine for them too.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just noticed the pics have the heat shield on backwards and upside down lol
These intakes have 89mm maf tubes by the way.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back