Just about had enough...

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
Here is a suggestion from one of the larger forum community's out there (www.reefcentral.com).

They were having problems much like this, so they made it so that you had to have a post count of 50 or more in order to sell anything. Noob's could still view and purchase from the classifieds, but they were unable to post anything for sale until they reached a post count of 50.

This greatly reduced the problems with shady deals.

HTH.

L8r
SCOTTEE

this has been suggested a few times already in this thread...we all know the outcome. Like I said earier, 50 of these:

LMAO, LOL, +10000, and ^what he said

and 5 minutes later, you're ripping someone off.

scottee

Reaction score
this has been suggested a few times already in this thread...we all know the outcome. Like I said earier, 50 of these:

LMAO, LOL, +10000, and ^what he said

and 5 minutes later, you're ripping someone off.

They also had it to where posts int he Classified sections did not count towards the 50, it had to be in the other forum areas.

I do agree though, it doesn't completely stop them, esp. the crafty ones.

SCOTTEE

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I would say that if they plan on ripping some one off that 50 posts will come easy , if they are legit , and if someone trusts them with 1 post , more power to them , it will not matter .
I myself have bought a few parts from a 1-4 post guy .

bluovalguy

The Fuzz
Reaction score
Well, I dont have 50 post, cuz like Mac said, I am not gonna clutter a thread with worthless one word posts. But I do spend alot of time shopping around here (sometimes even get the Mrs. approval to buy shit). Would suck to see it close, but whatever needs to be done, so be it. I'm sure the legit sellers (and the shitheads) would just migrate to other boards.

08gt4u

forum member
Reaction score
guys i believe the decission has been made.the forum is gonna stay the same way it is now and if you get screw take it up with paypal or your credit card companny.
just be aware that if you make a paypal payment as a gift you are shit out of luck.
saddly there is no way to stop this from happening.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I enjoy the classifieds, and definitely want to keep them. The thing is that it is Doc, and the rest of the mods/admins that have to clean the shit up. They don't get paid to cater to all of our needs 24/7. I trust Doc's judgment, and if he, Kimmer, and anything other person of importance feel that this shit is getting out of hand then maybe the classifieds should come to an end.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
This section should stay and anyone that buys from it needs to just understand the fact that its there responsibility to handle the deal , NOT THE MODS . If it goes south then you place that person on the bad sellers list and give bad rep points for the deal . Do not contact the mods and waste there time when you have been forewarned that it is your sole choice to give your money to someone on this site .

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I will say that you are playing with fire if you buy somethig from someone with like 5 posts. Noone should buy from anyone with minimal posts, imo...

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Sometimes , it really is too good to be true ......

alexthejew

Jewish and lovin it.
Reaction score
its happened to me, i used paypal, so i filed a claim with them. i got all of my money back. i mean it was a pain in the ass, but most of the time youre buying from some random dude on the other side of the interwebs. what can you expect? not only that, but it hasn't stopped me from using the classifieds.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, i'm pretty familiar with where the STICKY for the forum is. I believe I quoted it earlier. And I probably needed to know where it was in order to quote it. But thanks for pointing it out again just in case I was mistaken and quoted something different and unrelated.

Okay. Sounds like the problem is solved. Everyone here seems to think that everything needs to remain the way that it is, including one of our moderators. So, I guess that means nothing will change. Therefore, I do not have any further intention of responding to any PMs, iTrader ratings, or emails that are in reference to bad classified transactions. Don't PM me, don't email me, don't call me, don't IM me on Yahoo, don't IM me on GoogleTalk. I won't respond.

Dave, I recommend you take the same stance. It is quite obvious that our care and concern is a wasted effort. Next time Joe Blow emails or PMs you and says he paid twatwaffle for a supercharger and no one has heard from the guy since and it has been 3 months since he paid... fuck it. Just ignore the email/PM

How many PM's a week/day do you get of these?

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Best thing I can say is use the Itrader thats why it's there. Let those people get weeded out. We have a great bunch of people here and love the classified section.

Bethelism

Reaction score
Wow. So I signed up here 'cuz someone totally recommended the s197 forums for awesome buys, and although I didn't find what I wanted, I surely discovered a great place to buy and sell. Just posted some stuff that I've had hanging around, as a matter of fact!

Seems like there's a good portion of folks that need to put on the big girl/boy panties and realize that there's always a chance of getting screwed, and that you need to remember "Caveat Emptor", instead of asking other people to fix it for you.

Liftedbronco

Shredder
Reaction score
you know...i think the problem was identified above by blueovalguy. I happen to know alot of people that "shop" the classifieds on here and have little or no intention of posting in tech threads.
I dont think thats right, wrong or indifferent, but i think as a forum, a decision needs to be made to cater to the casual shoppers, or not. For someone to do some post whoring just to be eligable for the "for sale" section pretty much defeats the entire purpose of having the post count there.

The point (i thought) was to make a for sale section for the "good ol boys" from the forum that can trust eachother. If the section graduates to full fledged retail operation open to all, we are going to have all kinds of problems that will make authenticating a trustworthy person impossible. Basically then the whole system will collapse on itsself.

So after stating all that, im leaning towards keeping the post count. Shit, make it even higher. For those who are "casual shoppers" and have no intention of becoming an active member, I mean no ill will, but maybe this isnt the place for you to shop. In fact, I would urge you to post! Become part of the collective.

chutoyy

forum member
Reaction score
iTrader only works if both parties actually use it...

But to be honest, I joined this forum BECAUSE of the FS section... :shrug:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I joined because i knew nothing about the s197, period. Now that ive learned a few things, i look out for good buys. Luckily i have not had any bad dealings.

Back