One eyed Willys airlift install!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
lookin good on air :D

also if you dont like the loud ass exhaust venting i picked up a air line muffler and vented it out under the trunk, alot quieter now :)

side note, install a drain line, i put it off and just installed it tonight. the pressure dropped actually shot out small pieces of ice out of the fitting, cleaned everything up and got the fitting installed. much better. also going to install air water traps tomorrow

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
lookin good on air :D

also if you dont like the loud ass exhaust venting i picked up a air line muffler and vented it out under the trunk, alot quieter now :)

side note, install a drain line, i put it off and just installed it tonight. the pressure dropped actually shot out small pieces of ice out of the fitting, cleaned everything up and got the fitting installed. much better. also going to install air water traps tomorrow

I have it vented out the trunk bottom, no muffler thou. I have a drain right at the bottom.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
Gotta get outside and get working on putting my car back together so I can get the front aligned this week. Can't wait to get some time in this thing! Nice job on the install. Once mine is back together and I have some more pics i'll get an official thread going for mine. Looks like a lot of us are going to be rocking the airlift suspension!

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
I have it vented out the trunk bottom, no muffler thou. I have a drain right at the bottom.
i just wanted the exhaust vent to be quieter cause it was damn loud :p
Gotta get outside and get working on putting my car back together so I can get the front aligned this week. Can't wait to get some time in this thing! Nice job on the install. Once mine is back together and I have some more pics i'll get an official thread going for mine. Looks like a lot of us are going to be rocking the airlift suspension!
yea kimmer i drove for about a week at stock +/- level to let everything settle if it had to, then got my ride height dialed in and went to align

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Great install Paul. I would suggest that you possibly find a way to clean up the wiring in spare tire area. I know that you like to show off your ride and when you lift the cover it would not look like Paul's Standards! If you know what I mean.

most of what you see are the wires from everything torn apart getting ready for paint, plus my battery charger wires.

Any updates? Nice work on the install!!

airlift is done, no motor in the car right now becuase it will be getting painted soon,after that i will have a update.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Looks like I have a leaky manifold? That's the line from the tank, so each day it slowly leaks down. I tried recutting that end of the hose a few times to make sure it wasn't just a bad spot on the hose, used a dab of oil each time I put the hose in.Hopefully I can get it taken care of soon, car is getting close to being done soon!

A393C5D1-80DB-4B13-ABB5-DCFE72DF7B91_zps6dckuymm.jpg

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
That's my number one hesitation for going to air, the install, maintenance and troubles. It looks badass though.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
No worries, Jeremy totally took car of me! Will have a new solenoid manifold here on Wednesday! Under warranty with the latest firmware and a new controller to match! Other than this tiny leak everything has been flawless and I can't wait to drive on it in a week or 2 when my car is finally done.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Yea Jeremy takes care of us pretty well
Glad to hear you'll be finishing it up pretty soon

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
5A59F96A-20BD-4235-848D-86AF16FEDD17_zps57gdgrgy.jpg

38FC05C1-E660-4B94-A31A-CFB8DC01067B_zpsibc3yba6.jpg

ended up moving my controller so i can see it at a glance! went thru all my settings and calibrated the tank! got 3 presets set up and set the rest of them to just safe heights. super excited about getting out there and doing some driving soon as the exhaust is done!

also got my remote start hooked back up so i can start it from across the parking lot and watch it rise up as i walk up to it,lol....

0EA33B8C-700B-4662-AA23-2061DFA9A007_zpst7qa2peq.jpg

My parking lot/car show stance!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back