Padded Leather Armrest Covers and Shift boots

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
We are making to order hand crafted padded leather console armrest covers. Ive sold quite a few already. This is a really sweet upgrade to the hard plastic pad on there now and for $65 right now its a steal. For $66 we will stitch it in a handful of colors. We are just a ma and pa gig, starting off small, but we have left no one not happy, and we never will. Theres some comments on the website from a few customers.

Ive been on other forums for the last few years, with over 9,000 posts on one, but got turned onto the s197 forum and decided to settle in here. The owner of the site, and special thanks to Kimmer has made it possible for me to be a vendor on a smaller scale than the big dogs.

So take a look and check them out. You`ll see some posts popping up soon around the forums. much thanks, Mike & Marcy

Attachments

• DSCF0892.JPG
    DSCF0892.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 141

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I'll vouch for the quality of the work. The worst thing about mine was the crappy installer (me) who wasn't patient enough to get it on straight. :wtf:

IMG_1911.jpg

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
Nice alternative to the GT500 armrest lid I went with (which is almost 2x the price).

Q: Are you guys looking at doing other things?

I'd like to suggest a couple product lines for a good stitch/sew crew.
1. Emergency brake boot (to replace the ugly factory plastic piece whose only redeeming quality is that it unsnaps easily)
2. Door pull/armrest (something nicer than current "wrap" offerings that only go around the pull part of it, again looking at the GT500 variant as inspiration)
3. Dash wrap/cover (an ambitious project, but once more looking at the GT500 as inspiration)

Personally, #1 is the big one. I got a GT500 e-brake handle assembly (stitched handle) and modified a generic e-brake boot to finish it off. The modifying part was a bit of a hassle and swapping out the GT handle assembly to the GT500 one was a positive pain in the arse! I bet lots of guys would jump on one they can install by just unsnapping the plastic and installing a nice leather one. Here's something like what the finished product might look like...(mine)

a%252520GT500%252520Interior%252520Upgrades%252520010.jpg

The other side:
GT500%252520Interior%252520Upgrades%252520II%252520014.jpg

I'm sure you can do better! Especially since this one only snugs under the factory rubber on the bottom, it doesn't sandwich into the frame under the opening.

Keep us updated. I'd love to see more.

Best,
-j

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Do you do red leather as well ?
sorry, there is no way we could get red leather to match the color. we can do a red stitch though.

Nice alternative to the GT500 armrest lid I went with (which is almost 2x the price).

Q: Are you guys looking at doing other things?

I'd like to suggest a couple product lines for a good stitch/sew crew.
1. Emergency brake boot (to replace the ugly factory plastic piece whose only redeeming quality is that it unsnaps easily)
2. Door pull/armrest (something nicer than current "wrap" offerings that only go around the pull part of it, again looking at the GT500 variant as inspiration)
3. Dash wrap/cover (an ambitious project, but once more looking at the GT500 as inspiration)

Personally, #1 is the big one. I got a GT500 e-brake handle assembly (stitched handle) and modified a generic e-brake boot to finish it off. The modifying part was a bit of a hassle and swapping out the GT handle assembly to the GT500 one was a positive pain in the arse! I bet lots of guys would jump on one they can install by just unsnapping the plastic and installing a nice leather one. Here's something like what the finished product might look like...(mine)

a%252520GT500%252520Interior%252520Upgrades%252520010.jpg

The other side:
GT500%252520Interior%252520Upgrades%252520II%252520014.jpg

I'm sure you can do better! Especially since this one only snugs under the factory rubber on the bottom, it doesn't sandwich into the frame under the opening.

Keep us updated. I'd love to see more.

Best,
-j
thanks for those suggests. we are working on a e boot, though i dont care much for the big baggy boot look myself, but seems alot of guys do like that. and we are working on just a small wrap that will look similar to your e cover, onlya little tighter and not go down into the plastic slot. just a dress for when the lever is down.

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting your armrest cover. I have the dove gray interior and am trying to decide if the silver or black stitching would look better. What do you think, as you have seen the actual product?

Earl

dougie b

Reaction score
Im thinking about getting the armrest cover black w/red stitching, but do you offer the dash panel? I'm sure you guys would make a killing if you offered GT500 style dash covers! I know i'd buy one!

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting your armrest cover. I have the dove gray interior and am trying to decide if the silver or black stitching would look better. What do you think, as you have seen the actual product?

Earl
pm sent

we want to make the dash covers. we`ve been waiting to see one up close and personal, but around these parts the gt500 is pretty rare. it is on the project list.

HooDee01

forum member
Reaction score
i didnt see a price on the shift boots. and do you have a combined price for arm rest cover and shift boot. thanks

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
i didnt see a price on the shift boots. and do you have a combined price for arm rest cover and shift boot. thanks
the prices are on the store page on the website.( shift boots are $40) black stitching is standard. accent color thread cost $1 extra,($41) and are selected with the option button and calculated when selected before checking out. the prices are already the absolute lowest we can charge and as is barely worth us making these. the price also includes shipping. ( and they come with a box)
heres a link to the store page on the website:
http://shop.amustangrocksleather.com/

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im thinking about getting the armrest cover black w/red stitching, but do you offer the dash panel? I'm sure you guys would make a killing if you offered GT500 style dash covers! I know i'd buy one!

I am too, just cant seem to pull the trigger.

Just placed an order for a cover.

Earl

Post up some pics when you get it installed! Still debating on getting one or not.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back