Upgrade your console armrest to a quality leather or Alcantara

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
my neighbor has a fox body, and i showed him the pieces you made me for me, and he wants them! any chance you offer them?

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
my neighbor has a fox body, and i showed him the pieces you made me for me, and he wants them! any chance you offer them?
no, we dont as of yet. i think that has a flip down armrest, but not sure of the construction. i had someone last year that was gonna send me some parts to check out but it never happened.

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my new shift boot. Loved the quality of my old shift boot but it didn't fit the magnum's shifter arm. Mike was great to work with as he had to make a custom boot to fit my application.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
^ I have the same T56 with the same shifter. I turned the shifter handle upside down so the locking nut was under the boot instead of visible (and rubbing against my finger) smack against the knob. I also have the Bullitt shift boot which fits tight against the shift lever without the ugly rubber grommet. The locking nut helps keep the boot in place.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
hey svt, looks like it did fit tht shaft good. hey heres another idea. not to change the subject, but you didnt glue that boot as nice as the first time ;) ,the drivers side doesnt looks like its glued to the trim ring.

but anyway, could you pull the ball off, and the nut, the boot and sleeve,
run the nut down to the bottom, set the sleeve on there, then slip the boot over the sleeve

put the ball on, and pull the boot up over the ball,

run the nut up so the ball is tight up against the sleeve (might not hurt to have a rubber oring between the sleeve and ball) then pull the boot back down into place. might look cleaner without the nut, and then the boot can sit lower so you have some shaft showing. that would look sweet

Last edited:

svtrojan

forum member
Reaction score
hey svt, looks like it did fit tht shaft good. hey heres another idea. not to change the subject, but you didnt glue that boot as nice as the first time ;) ,the drivers side doesnt looks like its glued to the trim ring.

but anyway, could you pull the ball off, and the nut, the boot and sleeve,
run the nut down to the bottom, set the sleeve on there, then slip the boot over the sleeve

put the ball on, and pull the boot up over the ball,

run the nut up so the ball is tight up against the sleeve (might not hurt to have a rubber oring between the sleeve and ball) then pull the boot back down into place. might look cleaner without the nut, and then the boot can sit lower so you have some shaft showing. that would look sweet

Yeah, I was sick when I glued the boot on the ring, I'm probably going to re-glue that left side. I'll try some different configurations with the boot though... I must still be sick, my head is spinning from reading that... ha ha ha!

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
hehe, ya, i was just thinking getting the nut under the sleeve, but that probably locks the ball the best like it is. hope you feel better soon...

This is how I did mine. Yes, it's dirty. It hasn't slipped or moved since I put it in several months ago.

IMG_2379.jpg

BTW Dave, I need you to make me a real leather shift boot for this thing and put it on the plastic trim ring for me. I'll break it if I try to do it.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Barricade, where are those seats from and how much did it cost to have them made? I need to begin exploring my options on recovering the crappy stock seats, mine are showing wear with only 40K miles.

Barricade

Decepticon Extraordinaire
Reaction score

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I got one of these for my GT/CS. Looks great, fits great, and top notch customer service as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 53

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and has a super Happy New Year!!! Thanks to Kimmer and the forum and our customers that kept us going for yet another year past, hope to go on for another. Mike and Marcy

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back