Proud of my new motor, just another build thread

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
4.6L .02 over Eagle 3.75" crank and H beam rods, Diamond 2618 pistons, SS rings, 9.3:1, Lunati baby blower cams
Click this first video, it is a vid with the new motor/cams idling. Exhaust is OBX LT, O/R H, stock mufflers.

The old:
stuff023.jpg

stuff024.jpg

stuff033.jpg

This run was on the stock motor with a V3 on meth and longtubes 12.00 @ 116 I think it was

Last edited:

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
The new: Along with the motor stuff I also run a noncooled V3 on meth at 12-13 psi, I have a 14-15 psi pulley on the way for the cool Texas winters.
sellparts006.jpg

sellparts063.jpg

sellparts073.jpg

sellparts065.jpg

sellparts072.jpg

sellparts066.jpg

Cam Card
sellparts087.jpg

Last edited:

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Looks about as bad as mine! Glad to see her up and running!! Break her in right and get a great tuner unless you already have her dialed in.

Lito did mine remotely and I love it!

Let us know how much power she makes!!

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks!! But, lol, Lito has been tuning and I just need a little more tweaking for the DD. She has 3000 miles on her now, good and broken in! I have no idea on power, the only changes on the new motor was I forged, stroked and lowerd CR to 9.3:1 and added cams with lockouts. Give me a couple more min and I will have the first 2 track passes loaded.

New motor videos at the track on 11-16-12
It has been 2 years now since I have been to the track, so I just decided to take it easy and not force anything just to see how the motor is going to act and to get myself back in practice. I had to cut a 1/4" off of the passenger motor mount to keep the header from rubbing and I havnt done the same to the driver side mount, this little bit has caused my shifter to bind more than it ever did, so keep in mind I am taking my time to shift untill I pull and cut the driver mount down.

First run, lazy launch, missed 3rd, 13.3 @ 110

Second run, 2.0 60ft, made it through all gears, 12.7 @ 117

Last edited by a moderator:

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
Now, The history. I was running a noncooled V3 at 12 psi and spraying methanol, OBX LT, O/R H, stock heads, cams, intake manifold. Car ran GREAT! Several trips to the track, too. Then Feb. 2009 I went to the track, and popped it. I was dataloging and found I reved a 95k mile SC, stock springs......to 7100. Long story short, I found out I screwed up fairly quick as I coasted to a stop at the end of the track. I had the power but never could find the 11's on the stocker.

The new motor plans started with an all out 700-800 hp build, but as time ticked by reason set in. So I went with an Eagle 3.75" crank, Eagle H beam rods, and Diamond 2618 pistons with SS rings, TSS oil pump, PAC springs, stock heads I got from here, and some Lunati blower cams. I had Jeff at Houston engine and Balancing do the machine work and had him assemble the short block, they went .02 over and redecked and zeroed the block, and milled the heads for a fresh surface. I highly recommend them! Planning on less than 700 now, I went to factory TTY bolts all around. Got Jeremy to fix me up a 405lph pump and wire upgrade, and topped it off with 60lbs hr injectors. I ended up chosing Lunati for cams for the sole reason that I could only find 1 person running them, and that was a custom grind on an insane GT500. I LOVE these cams. But running a centri I wish I picked their NA grind. The motor pulls very strong above 4500 rpm. I can tell a loss of lowend, but I planned on that with lower compression and lockouts. Now I just need to get comfortable at the track and figure out how to get this topend motor down it as quick as possible.

I also would like to thank Jeremy@S&HPerformance for the fuel set up and great customer service, and also Lito for the patience to deal with me during tuning and for his excellent customer service. He sent me a startup tune while on vacation! Cant find better service than that if you tried.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hope u r going to run race fuel and I would strongly suggest u add a intercooler based on your stated goals.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
I hope u r going to run race fuel and I would strongly suggest u add a intercooler based on your stated goals.
AA is in my future plans, I have logged several hours of data and Lito aims for safe tuning over all out, which I am sure you know. The highest iat I have seen is 160's without meth driving in 95+ degree Texas weather, with meth it is 120's or less in the same weather. I watch my iat's as much as my A/F gauge and I dont play when they get high. In the cooler months the iat's stay under 130, so there is no worry there. The good thing about this build is I am back to about the same amout of power as before, but I now have room to grow as time goes on.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At this point I wouldn't eve mess with a non intercooled meth setup. I can get you an intercooler setup thats there 24-7 for close to ambient iat's for under $300.

Redrocket06

forum member
Reaction score
I was on a tight budget and I already had the meth kit, so the intercooler just had to wait. And with a baby on the way, I just wanted to get it running asap. I am happy with the power, and my next 'toy' for it will be an intercooler setup.

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
Now, The history. I was running a noncooled V3 at 12 psi and spraying methanol, OBX LT, O/R H, stock heads, cams, intake manifold. Car ran GREAT! Several trips to the track, too. Then Feb. 2009 I went to the track, and popped it. I was dataloging and found I reved a 95k mile SC, stock springs......to 7100. Long story short, I found out I screwed up fairly quick as I coasted to a stop at the end of the track. I had the power but never could find the 11's on the stocker.

No wonder it blew up.....:wtf:
Good luck with the new one.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back