05 Suspension Help!

Scr3mnYel05

Screaming 6
Reaction score
getting rid of the 7.5 rear and putting at 2011-14 8.8 rear in. Question I have is for rear springs, will GT springs fit or do I have to go with V6 springs still?

JimC

Reaction score
Keep your springs. The swap is pretty much a direct swap, and the springs don't change just because of the rear end.

Scr3mnYel05

Screaming 6
Reaction score
Ok because I'm looking to get Ford racing p springs from a gt. Should fit onto my gt rear end with 05 v6 body right?

Towelie

forum member
Reaction score
Should fit no problem. All the bodies are the same for the year. From the V6 to the GT500, the only differences being what's bolted onto them.

Scr3mnYel05

Screaming 6
Reaction score
Ok well I'm going to be doing control arms as well those are interchangeable as well

I'm keeping the body and swapping out everything else pretty much lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedboosted

Found missing cylinders
Reaction score
Get aftermarket control arms and aftermarket springs. The Ford Racing springs are nice ones. Make sure you have the cobra pinion flange to bolt up your driveshaft.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
The 2011-14 rear ends already have the flat 'cobra' flange needed by a v6 driveshaft; makes that whole flange-swap a non-issue!

If you're on a budget, just swap over all your v6 suspension to the replacement. Otherwise upgrade as you see fit. Your rear springs are the same as on a GT; the shocks are a little different.

Back