07 GT cam install tune questions

hugh

Reaction score
im about to install a breenspeed detroit rocker cam into my 3v GT. im asking for yalls opinions on what i should do about the tune.. i have a BAMA tune right now and my question is this should i get a new bama or brenspeed tune to use after the cam install and to carry me until i can make it to my dyno tuner. i just dont want to be driving around with a cam without it tuned. what do yall think? thanks and if i put this in the wrong spot im sorry i didnt know where to post it, thanks in advance

2526Bullitt

forum member
Reaction score
Don't have experience with Brenspeed's tune but BAMA's tunes sucked when I installed my Hot Rod cams. So bad that it felt worse than stock. I contacted Lito and after several revisions my car felt completely different. Great idle and the car woke up in the upper rpms.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
im about to install a breenspeed detroit rocker cam into my 3v GT. im asking for yalls opinions on what i should do about the tune.. i have a BAMA tune right now and my question is this should i get a new bama or brenspeed tune

This should be a no brainer. If you're getting the Brenspeed Detroit Rocker cams, it makes sense to get their tune as well.

RLF9409

My blood runs Ford blue!
Reaction score
Yes, you will need a tune, no doubt.
If you are paying for a tune to just get you to the dyno, don't bother. Just don't go crazy on it. Nice an easy and you will be fine.
If you are going to pay for a tune, Lito is the absolute best option. Dyno's are great but they don't actually simulate actual driving conditions. Lito will work with you until it is right!

hugh

Reaction score
thank you all for your input. i dont drive the car much on weekends mostly and want to install the cams then save up the money for a proper dynotune. i also have a BAMA tune right now and it didnt run right but after so back and forth im happy with it but have heard good things about lito. thank yall.

Midlife Crises

Reaction score
I ran Detroit Rockers, a JLT cold air and Kooks long tubes with two levels of Brenspeed tune for several years. The car ran awesome. Never a problem and it sounded pretty good also. Brent knows how to tune for that cam so use Brenspeed.

Laga

Reaction score
I first bought a Edelbrock supercharger kit from Brenspeed. Then I bought Kooks long tube headers from them with the tune. Both worked great. I then bought the Detroit Rockers along with an Edelbrock water pump and Canton tanks for under the hood. The tune they sent with the cams sucked. I would have to let it idle for ten minutes before I could back it out without dying. It would then die while driving. Also, it did not have that choppy idle that the cars on its site did and the reason why I chose that cam. I also had an electrical problem (short) with the wire harness from Edelbrock. Brenspeed promised a replacement but it never was sent. After a couple calls to Doug at Brenspeed, his final answer was”that’s how it is, get used to it”.
That’s when I called Lito. He fixed it. 30 seconds of idle to warm up the O2 sensor, and I can back the car out. And it runs like a beast.
Edit, BTW. I also just had Lito help me convert the car to run on E85. Now it runs even better.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back