07 GT Coyote Swap & Passing Emissions...

BenCarreiro

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

After reading the forum post on the swap guide... I have one question, is there any where that ya'll know of that can provide a place with more information regarding passing required emissions after said coyote swap has been completed? I am having a hard time on finding information on anything that people have run into when doing this.

From my understanding the Control pack has a lot of the emission stuff disabled, and since PBH has not completed R&D on their 3v swap harness (unsure if that harness would even be of help in this situation) I would most likely have to go control pack route or all used harnesses and computers, but what are people doing to ensure that they can run the swap and meet state requirements on emissions?

I am in Georgia, from what I can find on https://www.cleanairforce.com/motorists/obd-testing/ is that they run scans on the ODB2 readiness and a few other things in the computer. Where the use of the control pack will result in a Not Ready reading on the scan. I have not been able to identify if a VIN reflash would be required in GA or if thats even possible on the control pack.

Thanks in advance for the info!

Last edited:

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
1 You need your VIN in the coyote pcm.
2 You need to pass the visual inspection. How strict GA is, I dont know. Ex, aftermarket cats pass?
3 In most states, you must have 7 of 8 obd monitors complete one can be incomplete and it is a PASS.
4 Check engine light must be OFF to PASS.
The biggest issue with the control pack is by default it has 3 obd monitors showing if you scanned it, which is a FAIL.

Control pack was not an option as I needed to pass PA smog. Even with the emission monitors turned on in the control pack, the evap test fails and the cat test does not run. You will likely have a p460 code to deal with, as that will throw the light on.
And you did not say if you are running a stock coyote or did intake/cams/headers or FI. None of which helps with the monitors completing.
It is difficult to predict what exactly you will have to tackle, as some of these faults can take weeks sometimes to manifest. So it will take that long to try a fix.

My suspicion is, you cant find info on this, because most ppl dont care about passing. PA for example, under 5k per year, the car is emission exempt.

BenCarreiro

Reaction score
Thank you for that break down, makes more sense now. My intentions was to run everything stock, GA only vis inspects for CATs and I think the PCMs can have VINs flashed relatively easy, correct me if I am wrong . Just having to make a decision on how to wire up the car for the best results for a legal pass here in GA. which wont be needed till November, which should be ample time to work things out.

I am waiting to hear back from PBH on the 3v swap harness to see if this will help eliminate the potential issues if they are able to get it out to the public sooner rather than later.

If all else would going used coyote PCM/harness and all that stuff off a donor car be a better route to start with versus a control pack? I may have a chance to pick up a low miles GEN1 with all harnesses and PCM for 4500..

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
That route is what I did. The only hurdle with a "factory" pcm is you will need to get either PATS working or have the PATS delete done on the pcm. PCM needs to be sent to someone who can perform the mod.

Ps: you can flash the control pack strategy to a factory pcm and it will bypass PATS, but you are back to the control pack strategy issue not passing obd test. Whichever route you end up going, WILL REQUIRE tune adjustments.

race4food

forum member
Reaction score
Does PATS kill the fuel pump, starter or something else? I'm at the point where I want to program my keys to the EEC but as you know I'm not getting any communication with the computer.
I tested it on my other 05 and using a non programmed key I was still able to turn on the power and talk to the computer with forescan.
And Power By the Hour is really starting to piss me off. I'm getting intermittent responses via email and still waiting for a pin out of the diag port.
And if they actually provided a decent set of instructions it would not be bad but the instructions are just snippets of emails to other people here and there.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back