08' Door panel lights & window control: Need fuse #

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
I'm sure it is an issue with the fuse, but I can't seem to locate the blown fuse. I checked every fuse in the passenger compartment, all appear to be fine. I haven't checked any of the fuse in the engine compartment, but instead of checking all of them, I rather know which one is the issue.

The Issues:
-Both door panel lights do not turn on (lock & window control)
-Both window controls do not work (they don't go up or down)

Any help on which fuse I should check is greatly appreciated.

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
I've actually already taken a look at those. I checked the f1.5/f1.6 fuses, and nothing looked to be burned inside of it.

I had a water leak months back, but it happened when I was installing my radio. I tapped into the ACC delay fuse which is #6, but that fuse is fine, so I'm not sure what other fuse it would be. The delay and radio works fine too.

Thanks for the reply.

Redfire281

Reaction score
If it is a blown fuse in the SJB, it would probably be fuse #6. Ford uses a slow-blow fuse so it may not look blown but if you look very closely, it is. Replace the fuse in any case and see if that's the culprit. Hope this helps.

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
If it is a blown fuse in the SJB, it would probably be fuse #6. Ford uses a slow-blow fuse so it may not look blown but if you look very closely, it is. Replace the fuse in any case and see if that's the culprit. Hope this helps.
That's good to know.

I actually swapped two of the fuses (one being that #6 fuse), and I got no signs of life.

I didn't touch the fuses in the engine bay though.

Redfire281

Reaction score
Have you tried the window reset TSB? I know you have an '08 but it might work.

Attachments

• Power Window Reset.pdf
    50.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
check f44 and f5 under the hood.

Might also check f59.

Last edited:

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
Have you tried the window reset TSB? I know you have an '08 but it might work.
Well, that would require the window to go up, and than down, which mine doesn't do at all. But I appreciate it.
check f44 and f5 under the hood.

Might also check f59.
Yeah, I'll check those out. I'm assuming those are the boxed fuses? I've never checked them to see if their blown on previous cars, will it appear burnt by looking through the clear top?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well, that would require the window to go up, and than down, which mine doesn't do at all. But I appreciate it.

Yeah, I'll check those out. I'm assuming those are the boxed fuses? I've never checked them to see if their blown on previous cars, will it appear burnt by looking through the clear top?

Not sure, I looked in my wiring manual (for an 06) and it showed these fuses related to those areas.

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
All the fuses are good. I didn't check all of the relays in the engine compartment, but I imagine that isn't the issue.

Any other suggestions?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sjb issue most likely.

Btw your users manual tells you what all the fuses and relays are for.

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
sjb issue most likely.

Btw your users manual tells you what all the fuses and relays are for.
I have the diagram saved on my computer, but it didn't seem as if any of the relays in the engine compartment had anything to do with it.

It does sound typical of a blown fuse, but everything in the passenger fuse box is okay.

wabirch

Bill
Reaction score
With key on, pop out driver's side switch and see if you have power, (per my 09) color red/lt blue pin 3. If none suspect the relay in the SJB.

Longshot, the grounds are behind left side panel (looks like maybe at the bottom of clutch pedal height) and for the right side a little higher up the wall, about half way up and nearer the door opening.

Good luck.

BlackGT

forum member
Reaction score
With key on, pop out driver's side switch and see if you have power, (per my 09) color red/lt blue pin 3. If none suspect the relay in the SJB.

Longshot, the grounds are behind left side panel (looks like maybe at the bottom of clutch pedal height) and for the right side a little higher up the wall, about half way up and nearer the door opening.

Good luck.
The door does get power because the windows automatically move as the door opens/closes.

I swapped out the SJB relay that is located on the passenger side with one from the engine, and nothing happened. The engine also has 3 SJB relays. Any idea with that?

toorbeenee

turbine lunatic
Reaction score
i had the same problem, i have taken out the sjb connector and sprayed it wd-40 and put back in

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sjb issue most likely.

OP bumping the thread isnt going to help fix it.

Start checking at the SJB for issues as mentioned already.

Or make an update with what wires/conenctors and voltage you have checked for for.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
OP bumping the thread isnt going to help fix it.

Start checking at the SJB for issues as mentioned already.

Or make an update with what wires/conenctors and voltage you have checked for for.

Between the two threads he has going I would be putting my money on a bad SJB.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back