1.36'' difference in tire sizes?

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
I picked up a set of SVE Drifts yesterday and the rear tires are shot. They were 295/35-18s and I am going to go ahead and replace them with 275/40-18s. However I'm concerned about the front. They have good tread left, however they are 265/35-18s meaning that the front tires measure 25.3'' vs the rears 26.66''.

How bad is this going to look and what could go wrong here? ABS light? Anyone know how it'll look on stock ride height?

ArtQ

forum member
Reaction score
Had about 1.5" difference on my '06 and never had an issue.

Last edited:

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I think the Drifts are going to be gone soon. I don't think they're the right offset, but I can't find where it would be marked on the wheel. They're supposed to be the 18x9 s197 offset.

Is this normal for the fronts and rears to stick out like this? Keep in mind, the rears DO have 295s at the moment, but it seems rather excessive for a 9'' wheel. There's about a full inch out past the rear fenders, about half an inch past the front.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That ain't right.

WytHorse

forum member
Reaction score
are the wheels silver? If so they are SN95 offset. If you go the the latemodelrestoration page and search you can see the difference in offsets. I happen to know the above bc I am running those wheels. I wanted 18's in silver but the didn't have them in S197 offset yet. running with 255s on that wheel will be pretty close to flush....265+ and it will stick out like that. Look on the inside of the wheel on one of the spokes... should say something like ET24 or J24 meaning 24mm offset

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/SVE-1007DA/1994-04-Mustang-Silver-SVE-Drift-18X9

EDIT: I am assuming they are 18x9 all around?

Last edited:

Synyster06Gates

forum member
Reaction score
are the wheels silver? If so they are SN95 offset. If you go the the latemodelrestoration page and search you can see the difference in offsets. I happen to know the above bc I am running those wheels. I wanted 18's in silver but the didn't have them in S197 offset yet. running with 255s on that wheel will be pretty close to flush....265+ and it will stick out like that

Yes they are. I went ahead and just sold them. I didn't want to deal with it haha

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back