1500hp 2005 mustang?

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
Im in a discussion with someone on the cost to get to 1500hp and would like some input need. What is a guess of cost, if the person starting out has a v6 mustang. basically he would need everything, new built engine, trans, fuel system, etc. My guess is 30k but other are saying it would be half of that.

I just cant see getting to 1500hp with 15k

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You're closer.

Im starting to generate a budget for a 300 horse push rod 302 for my 91 Foxbody and hit $4000 in parts pretty easy with a very comprihensive parts list and I'm trying to stick to a very tight buget. And I still dont have any labor or machining built in yet.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
depends on what motor is going in.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The motor, to handle 1,500hp, will be spendy. The turbo & stuff will be spendy. The custom work to put it together will be spendy. If it is a street car and you want to look good will make it really spendy. With the labor input, I vote the 30k number.

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
depends on what motor is going in.
some are suggesting (to him) to get a 5.3 truck engine, old big block carbed engine, or a 5.4 shelby engine. there really isnt a specific engine. I just though the 15k was crazy cheap as just a turbo system can cost 7-8k....hell the DOB kit is $11,500 and thats only listed as up to 1200hp

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yes, a 5.3 JY motor with a big single turbo could get him there cheaply.

1500 from a mod motor is much more expensive.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
some are suggesting (to him) to get a 5.3 truck engine, old big block carbed engine, or a 5.4 shelby engine. there really isnt a specific engine. I just though the 15k was crazy cheap as just a turbo system can cost 7-8k....hell the DOB kit is $11,500 and thats only listed as up to 1400hp

Fixed^^^^:biggrin:

1500hp? That's a $50K car at least if you want it to run more than once and not kill you.

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
What about the brakes / chassis / suspension etc. upgrades as well, how much just for that to handle that power level? I'm guessing another $10-15K at least right there.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im in a discussion with someone on the cost to get to 1500hp and would like some input need. What is a guess of cost, if the person starting out has a v6 mustang. basically he would need everything, new built engine, trans, fuel system, etc. My guess is 30k but other are saying it would be half of that.

I just cant see getting to 1500hp with 15k

Being serious about this if that person is asking and discussing how much it ain't ever gonna take place IMO.

v6tungsten

forum member
Reaction score
not saying its going to take place but its a different person saying the 15k number . I just replied to a facebook post saying it would be about 30k. some other "know it all" person is say it would be half of that about 15k.

person reply " you seem like your just starting out that's great. My suggestion before you start worrying about about 1500hp is to just save and get a GT at least and start learning and modding."

That was a reply to telling him an old school carb'ed motor wouldn't be legal on the street

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IMHO a 1500 rwhp mod motor would be north of $40,000, just for the engine and FI setup. You can then add an additional $25.000 for all the chassis, fuel system, trans, rear and all the other mods necessary to handle that kind of power. I'm with Tiger on this one, if the guy is asking what it would cost, it's never going to happen.

MassMustang

forum member
Reaction score
This person (we will call him, dark helmet) wants to go plaid, huh?

LOL. Ludicrous Speed, Go!!!

Ludicrous_fd8622_1077047.jpg

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
First he would have to find a shop that could do it. I'm thinking Mihovitz, probably nobody else knows what it takes to keep a mod motor alive at that level. Then you would have to talk him into doing it which probably wouldn't happen.

What other options are there? A 460 based motor that will barely idle at 2k rpm? I don't really think it's a serious question.

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
First he would have to find a shop that could do it. I'm thinking Mihovitz, probably nobody else knows what it takes to keep a mod motor alive at that level. Then you would have to talk him into doing it which probably wouldn't happen.

What other options are there? A 460 based motor that will barely idle at 2k rpm? I don't really think it's a serious question.

460 based motor with big turbo's/blower. Easy peasy. Just gotta pay for it.:peace:

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'd venture a guess that he doesn't even know what 1500hp is. He probably thinks it sounds like a nice even, impressive number that will get him laid.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back