15s on front question

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
So im probably getting racestars pretty soon for my 07 and was wondering about the front wheels. I already know im doing 15x10 in the back and would love to be able to do 15x8 in the front. Is this possible? would fit or what it would take to make them fit?

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Well with my roush in I find myself needing more grip, but I would be lying if I said looks didn't have a lot to do with it, but I am open to suggestions.

Diabolical!

Zapp Rowsdower
Reaction score
I have 15x8 and 15x10 racestars for the rear of my car (one set for street/one set for strip). Before I had tires mounted on them, I attempted to put both of them on the front of my car to see if they would fit. Neither the 15x8 nor the 15x10 racestar will clear the front caliper on my 2006 GT.

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Would 15's even clear the front brakes?

Just do a 17" front 15" rear, been done a lot and it looks sick.

You going to start going to the strip now?

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Define "needing more grip", are you road racing this thing?

Mostly when I hit the accelerator the tires spin. I don't do a lot of racing and never to the track (I would like to someday) but I love hitting the throttle when nobody's around. I plan on doing other suspension mods and I know that better tires would probably go a long way, but I really like the look of the 15s and I don't want to sacrifice too much handling with narrow tires on the front. This is my DD and I will be swapping to stock rims with snow tires during the winter.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Would 15's even clear the front brakes?

Just do a 17" front 15" rear, been done a lot and it looks sick.

You going to start going to the strip now?

I know people put 15x4.5 rims, so I might go with the widest tire that can take safely. I will go to the track if I have someone to go with me!

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
I think 15's on all 4 would look kinda silly.

Before going crazy with wheels and tires just do the suspension mods man!

What kind of tires did you plan on going with? 15" wheels and DR's go hand in hand, but if its a DD you cant do that because you'll cry in the rain.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Mostly when I hit the accelerator the tires spin. I don't do a lot of racing and never to the track (I would like to someday) but I love hitting the throttle when nobody's around. I plan on doing other suspension mods and I know that better tires would probably go a long way, but I really like the look of the 15s and I don't want to sacrifice too much handling with narrow tires on the front. This is my DD and I will be swapping to stock rims with snow tires during the winter.

Then why would you do racestars....

tumblr_li85cfkoOV1qcim8v.jpg

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
You are going to bend them running them on the street daily. I seen't it.

Just get some ET streets or something if traction is really a big deal on your street car.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I think 15's on all 4 would look kinda silly.

Before going crazy with wheels and tires just do the suspension mods man!

What kind of tires did you plan on going with? 15" wheels and DR's go hand in hand, but if its a DD you cant do that because you'll cry in the rain.

Ill probably do lca's at the same time. I don't plan to lower it so springs are staying stock for now. I think 15s on all 4 looks badass. No DR's, ill be going street tires because I do have to drive in the rain.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score

Just get some ET streets or something if traction is really a big deal on your street car.

really? I have seen plenty of people running them on the street on the forum. Any links to a thread showing this? I'm not doubting you I just would like to get more info on it.

Its not just traction i'm looking for, I really like the look of a 15 with a nice meaty tire. Its also going to be convenient to have the winter tires already on rims so I don't have to keep going to have them swapped over. If you have other suggestions for rims I'm more than open.

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score

I'm curious about this as well...

really? I have seen plenty of people running them on the street on the forum. Any links to a thread showing this? I'm not doubting you I just would like to get more info on it.

Its not just traction i'm looking for, I really like the look of a 15 with a nice meaty tire. Its also going to be convenient to have the winter tires already on rims so I don't have to keep going to have them swapped over. If you have other suggestions for rims I'm more than open.

If you want a meaty tire, thats great, but what street tires come in 295/55/15 sizes? I'm pretty sure you wont find a street tire in the size you need for the wheel.

Truck tire perhaps, but there goes the traction idea.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dont be the guy that drives around on big n' littles and never tracks the car. Please dont..:stooges:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I would go with a 17 up front and a 15 out back then..It looks good too..

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Running a slick/skinny combo on the street everyday is a horrible idea. People bend them all the time. I know a man in Houston(not saying his name) who has had 3 different bogarts come off his Supra while on the highway.

Slicks on the highway sucks, way to much movement. Skinnies on the front suck for braking, plus they all suck in the rain. What more do you want?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back