15s on front question

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
You don't even remember, but we talked at length on the phone about the swap.
I remember you doing the swap I had a lot of respect for you on that. :thumb2:

Back to the OP guys. We can take this to the pitstop.

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
It was a pretty simple conversation:

thinking-about-war-stuff.jpg

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
If you do not drag the car, and you want Race Stars for looks, go 17" all around. It will look good and you will have unlimited tire choice.

gil_t2

Reaction score
There is no reason to go 15x10 in the rear if you are not drag racing, 17x10 would look better, just my .02

gil_t2

Reaction score
Thats Cool, remenber you will need a sway bar relocation kit.

keeno

Mustang Freak
Reaction score
widest tire on 15x4's...?

I am looking at picking up a pair of 15x4 Summit pro star lookalikes tomorrow. I want a pair of radials on the front not the high dollar bias front runners. Summit has a 185/65/15 for like $75 each, but since the ad says 5" wide minimum rim size, they wont mount them at Summit. They dont have any 165 radials....except the front runners. Thats also only a 24.5" tall tire...is that too short? I dont have time to order tires..going to the track Friday night.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Why not just get 165/80/15? 60 is too short and it'll look stupid imo.
If you order them at your local discount tire they usually have it by 1 or 2 days.

keeno

Mustang Freak
Reaction score
Summit sells a 165/80/15, but they probably have to be shipped from the manufactorer...they are usually on backorder also...
The 185's are 65's..they are taller than 60's....

rayS197

Reaction score
Not only will you most likely bend them when you hit a pothole, it makes highway driving sketchy as fuck. Now if your going to mount some ET streets on the back that will be better, but what are you going to do about the fronts?

Please, just put 15x8s all the way around on ET streets front and rear.

Not to mention anyone who has a fast car is going to laugh at you with slicks and skinnies on a sub 500 wheel "street car". Going to the track is one thing, but rolling around everyday on them?

The only thing left to do is write your "numbers" on your windows everytime after you wash her.

I love when people post something and have never experienced it but post all about it. LOL!! My car is not my DD but I have been on 200 mile cruises with my setup and no issues. True, I dont drive in the rain with my MT ET streets, no quick stopping and sharp turns. I have hit some holes and no issues and the handling is not what people talk shit about. My car tracks very straight and true. I get on the bumpy ass interstates and no issues, handling etc..
Im a sub 500 hp car and those who know anything that HP numbers dont mean squat if you cant apply it to the ground. Why the hell would anyone drive around with slicks and where did you pull that from what the OP asked about? just asking? But as posted if you went 17" all around you will be fine.

15 x 3.75 wrapped in MT sportsman fronts
15 x 10 wrapped with MT ET streets 295/55/15
DSCN2020.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Picture1.jpg

Last edited:

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ very true.
My sub 300hp car is 100% DD with drag radials and skinnies. Hit multiple potholes and drove in hard rain on shitty texas street without a single problem. Highway driving is as stable as with stock tires... even better in rain with skinnies.

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I love when people post something and have never experienced it but post all about it. LOL!! My car is not my DD but I have been on 200 mile cruises with my setup and no issues. True, I dont drive in the rain with my MT ET streets, no quick stopping and sharp turns. I have hit some holes and no issues and the handling is not what people talk shit about. My car tracks very straight and true. I get on the bumpy ass interstates and no issues, handling etc..
Im a sub 500 hp car and those who know anything that HP numbers dont mean squat if you cant apply it to the ground. Why the hell would anyone drive around with slicks and where did you pull that from what the OP asked about? just asking? But as posted if you went 17" all around you will be fine.

15 x 3.75 wrapped in MT sportsman fronts
15 x 10 wrapped with MT ET streets 295/55/15
DSCN2020.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

Picture1.jpg

^^They look sick dude..Thats the size I am getting when I get my Dark Stars in August..I will drive my car on the street, on cruises and to and from the track..No rain though. These will be the only set I have on the car year round..

Diabolical!

Zapp Rowsdower
Reaction score
I've smacked some serious potholes in New Orleans on my skinnies. Not even a mark. A 26" tire on a 15" rim is plenty of protection. You're far more likely to mar a 20" rim than a skinny any day.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back