1st time at track in 2013

ipscshooter

Reaction score
Finally got my 2013 to the track Friday night (it turned over 4,000 miles on the way in to work this morning). And, of course, I left my timeslips at the house... I think I may need some advice on how to launch with my auto trans. Bone stock 5.0 with auto, and stock 235/50-18 tires.

First run, I went 13.039 @ 110.01. Second run, I went 13.006 @ 110.04. My goal, after seeing how some of you guys are running stock was to break into the 12's, so, I missed the goal by 7/1000ths...

First run, I left the traction control on, and just hit the gas on the last yellow. Second run, I brought the revs up to about 1500. Hooked really well both times. I was running against my son in his SHO and figured he'd out-launch me with his AWD, but, we were about even at 60' times. I think I've got a lot of room for improvement in that first 60', as my times were 2.2xxx and 2.1xxx on those two runs.

I'll post the slips tomorrow a.m.

I made a third run that I'd rather not talk about... I was running against a Z06 who was running with nitrous, so figured I needed everything I could muster so as not to embarrass the blue oval. Brought revs up to 2000 at launch. and that was too much for the stock 235's... Smoked the tires and had a crap run. But... Beat the Z06. He broke his engine and didn't even make it to the 60'....

Edit: Son ran 13.9, 13.8, 13.9 all at about 99 mph in his SHO. Not too shabby for a 4 door grandma car.:thumb:

Last edited:

mjohns930

Reaction score
Those are still good times even though you didn't hit 12's. Those 60s can come down though, you should be able to get into the 2.0xx range. If you get those down you will be 12s for sure. What was the DA? I am assuming close to sea level or even a little below based off MPH. Keep it up.

ipscshooter

Reaction score
Those are still good times even though you didn't hit 12's. Those 60s can come down though, you should be able to get into the 2.0xx range. If you get those down you will be 12s for sure. What was the DA? I am assuming close to sea level or even a little below based off MPH. Keep it up.

No idea about air density. Is that something they publish at the track? Seemed like a good night. Fairly cool. In Houston, (roughly 30 miles to the west of the track) it was roughly 58-59 degrees, Dew point roughly 49 degrees, barometric pressure was in the upper 29's (i.e. 29.90+), altitude is about 35 ft above sea level.

TexasKyle

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Oh yea, that was some good DA then. I gotta start going to the track again. I miss the track in Baytown.

Good times. I can't wait till I can go to the track like that with my son. He is only 12 though, so got a few years to wait. haha.

ipscshooter

Reaction score
I was a bit disappointed in the track operations at Baytown. Went on the 15th, spent 3 hours in the staging lanes, and never got a run in before a slight drizzle closed the track. Only took about 3/4 of our line once, while other lines were going through twice (on both sides of us). I don't think the guys directing traffic in the staging lines were paying attention.

Went back Friday on the rain check, and only got in 3 runs in almost 4 hours. Lines would get called, and then they'd let a bunch of sport bikers run up to the front.

They had folks break at the far end of the track both days, and it seems like they took an extraordinarily long time to clean things up. I understand, safety first, but, seems like it took well over an hour every time someone broke...

mjohns930

Reaction score
Here is the link to the thread on how to calculate DA on this forum. But that sounds like pretty good air density based off what you described.

Was your car shifting into fourth just before the lights at the end?

ipscshooter

Reaction score
Timeslips. 60's weren't quite as bad as I thought. 2.130 and 2.092.

Attachments

• Time Slips 02-22-2013.jpg
    Time Slips 02-22-2013.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 21

TOWGUNNER

forum member
Reaction score
not bad at all. I plan on taking the wife's 2013 auto this weekend if the weather holds

GrabberBlue5.0

Gold Member
Reaction score
Man you're making me feel retarded. I have a mild bolt on car with 275's that should be capable of low 12's, my best run to date is a 13.2... And that's modded. Good job man.

ipscshooter

Reaction score
Son installed the Livernois Stage 4 tune on his SHO and took it out to an 1/8th mile track a few days ago. Ran 8.44. So, he picked up about .7 of a second just from the tune.

Stupid turbos.

Now, I'm gonna have to start modding mine. Can't have the kid beating the old man...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back