20" wheel style O-PINE-YUN...

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Did you actually see the 45mm stamp on the back of the KMC wheel or just looked it up on that site and assumed that's what you had?
Cuz the 20x10.5 KMC's are available in a 35mm offset as well as a 45mm, so if you had a 35mm wheel on there that would certainly be a good reason why they'd stick out Joe Dirt style ...
http://www.kmcwheels.com/wheelSpecs/4165/1383/12703/km685-district

Surprised to see that LMR sells the 35mm version: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-68520512735/KMC-685-District-Wheel-20x105-Mustang-Satin-Black-05-14

The KMC 20x10.5 wheel 5x4.5" wheel options are limited to two. There is no 20x10" option. These fitments are +35mm/7.13" BS, OR the +45mm/7.52"BS option. I looked at the backs of 3 different wheel makers while we were doing fitment. One of them did not have an offset stamp. I can't remember now which brand that was. I measured the KMC wheel and verified BS was 7.5"using a straightedge across the rim and measuring face of inside hub to bottom edge of straightedge (a 24" level). The measurement with a tape measure was just heavy of 7.5". There was a sticker on the back of the wheel with the actual part number which matched the part number on the web site. I believe the KMC was one with the offset stamped (or cast) into the rear face of the hub. I don't recall now. A lot of wheel swapping was taking place. I do work in the machine tool industry. Measuring and accuracy are a daily routine for me.

Last edited:

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Scott, your car looks absolutely fantastic; my favorite S197 on the forum , well done !!

Thanks Scott much appreciated.

^^^ Man that looks great! Well guess what? Went in to do fitment on the wheels today and the KMC's still stick out too far for my liking even with the +45mm offset. Don;t get it. Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...I looked over and on another car was a set of Vossen VFS2's. And they were loaded up with 305/30/20's out back and 265 series up front. Evenrything sat tucked in very nicely. I said, (not knowing they were Vossens) "Man, now those wheels sit awesome on that Mustang. Sure wish I could get that look on my car'", The manager piped up. "Those are a take off setup I have laying around. I'll make you a deal. They're Vossens 20's". needless to say I backed off knowing I was looking at $700 a piece wheels. After some talking and looking at a few other options on the car they had there, I was still liking these Vossens. So for fun we put them on the car. "I can color match them and do a Satin or eggshell finish on them for you. That woudld look killer", Chris stated. They looked great on the car but the Bronze Vossen used was a bit harsh for my liking. The fronts even are concave. That is hard to find and still tuck in all the way around even wit hteh 305 on the back and 265 up front. So out of curiosity I asked for a price. A little wheeling and dealing later, and I have a custom painted set of Vossen VFS2's going on the car next week color matched to the Charcoal Gray stripes on the car in a Satin finish with 555G2 series wheels 305/30/20's in back and 255/35/20's up front. Below is a photo of the rear wheel that will be repainted. The set have about 150 miles on them.
jVisSyK.gif

Needless to say I almost feel like I came out ahead like a Rock Star. Sorry won't disclose the price but it wasn't much more than the original package.

CR sounds like you got a great deal on the Vossen VFS2's, excellent! Very much looking forward to seeing them on your car!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Scott much appreciated.

CR sounds like you got a great deal on the Vossen VFS2's, excellent! Very much looking forward to seeing them on your car!

Yes sir, I did. And I just fell into it. I had no intention on even considering a Vossen (love the product, fear the price). In fact had I realized they were Vossens when the guy said they were for sale, I would have never even had them put the wheels on the car to see if I liked them. That would be like sitting Napoleon Brandy in front of a guy with only enough in his pocket to by a draft beer during happy hour! Of course after seeing them on the car and then seeing the logo, my heart sunk. But we reached a deal that stayed within $250 of my wheel budget. I will get pics posted as soon as they are on the car. Now all I have to do is get the front lowered an inch. Still running on the stock front springs. BMR's will set me too low to get in/out of the driveway at 1.5". I considered whacking a pair of stocks or putting in V6 springs, but I think I will just try to find a set that only drop 1 inch over the winter used since the car won't be seeing much drive time. for the next 3-4 months unless its sunny and the salt on the roads are minimal.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back