Back in an S197...thank the makers!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
After a brief and mostly unsatisfying 3 1/2 year stretch with an S550 17 GT premium I sold it last summer for $1500 more than I paid for it when I bought it. After looking for over 8 months at everything from GT500's, to SRT Hellcats I came upon this 9500 mile two owner 14 GTCS that is unmolested short of the gas lid and an N.T.R. BBK air kit. I have already ordered a staggered Forgestar CF5 setup in Anthracite for it 19x9 (245-45-19) up front and 20x11 (305-35-20 DR) in back to replace the boring wheels on it. Waiting a final quote verification on my goodies list from beefcake racing (great peeps) which includes a Paxton NOVi2200SL setup with ID 1050X FI's and either a 3.8 or 3.6 pulley. Keeping it on 93 octane and retaining the cats. Goal is 630-675RWHP. May put LT's with HF cats on it later.

The 17 made 631WHP on 93 with a 2300 TVS running 11-12psi. So I am hoping the centri will be able to run in that range or a bit more since they run lower on torque as well. Also doing boundary OPG and crank gear upgrade, tuning by Lund, suspension parts from BMR, and struts and shocks from Strange, and a Solo catback exhaust system to round it off. May also update the DS with an Axle exchange as well.

This is my 5th FI setup but my first centri setup. If you centri experts have any input other than feed it E85 I am all ears. I plan on 90/10 street track with this car. I will run on the 20 DR's with no plans to go with a drag setup.

l6JjhsW.jpg

uDUdcCo.jpg

Here's a shot of the CF5 anthracite wheels on the way.
qJopmVW.jpg

BTW for you fellow veterans FORGESTAR OFFERS 10% DISCOUNT IF YOU BUY DIRECT FROM THEM.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Congrats!
A word of advice on the front tire fitment: a 245 is gonna be a bit stretched on a 9"-wide wheel, I'd do at least a 255, but probably look into a 265/40/19 which I think is the factory front size on '13-'14 GT500s

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
thanks gabe. long time no see. will take that under advisement. i ran a 20x8.5 on the previous three. forgestardid not offer an 8.5 in a 19 or 20. trying to keep front wheel dia in close prox to the rear which is a 28.4 tire. i dont like the 80s minitruck socal stretched tire look either.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Curious can you say a bit more about what had you feeling this way ??

Sure. i can say lots.

First off though it was the same 6r80 auto as previous years ford changed the strategies and added imho stupid unneeded various shift configs along with rev match downshifting in manual for the folks who wanted to sound like they were actually driving a stick shift. Lund was the closest to successfully getting the cat to shift under normal driving like the 11-14autos but it was never as sweet and crisp. The ride was like a cadillac and not like a musclecar. looking down the hood from inside gave the illusion i was in a 70s maverick gt. hated the hood lines. too refined for my taste. the 13/14 is a pleasant cross imho between going to far euro coupe high tech and old school sra muscle car.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Going to need a stall converter. Probably a 3b

hey jewc. long time no talk. i ran a 3c in the 14 6r80 with the 2300tvs unit but got talked outof it b4 i madea hit in it. i am interested in knowing how that torque booster from befcake racing is for street apps. curious how it effects iat temps andrecovery. also curious if i ccan run a 27inch dr or a 28 dr on thr back being the torqueon thelow end lags abitcompari to pds.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
the forgestars arrived yesterday. even sexier in person. will post pics of actuals later.

AztroRover

Reaction score
Awww... bye bye california special. Someday someone will be looking for all the original parts to get this special back to GT/CS original you see there. The story of most "special" Mustangs and their fans. Tear into it man! -Enjoy.

tabstang

Reaction score
Interesting switch - i drove a buddy's 550 and i agree it's a bit plush with the magride - but really nice nonetheless. The s197 is the last of the true hot rods imo with it's live axle. Not better imo but old school for sure. Style wise i agree, the 550 is over done. To each his own! Keep those parts in your attic, your gonna want to put that gtcs back together when you sell it!

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
AstroRover

Why are you saying Bye Bye GT/CS. Not sure if you're saying no more to be produced, or.?

2008 Mustang GT-CS.jpg

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Awww... bye bye california special. Someday someone will be looking for all the original parts to get this special back to GT/CS original you see there. The story of most "special" Mustangs and their fans. Tear into it man! -Enjoy.

^ I'll let him/her worry about that.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting switch - i drove a buddy's 550 and i agree it's a bit plush with the magride - but really nice nonetheless. The s197 is the last of the true hot rods imo with it's live axle. Not better imo but old school for sure. Style wise i agree, the 550 is over done. To each his own! Keep those parts in your attic, your gonna want to put that gtcs back together when you sell it!

My feelings exactly in fewer words on the 550 and the S197 13/14's. I always hang on to the original stuff other than springs. Less pain to just let them go with it.

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this car arrived in horrendous exterior cosmetic condition. Someone tried to cover key marks and other blemishes with an inferior cheap paint match and applying it with a technique to that of a 4 year old drawing with a marker on a wall. There is damage to the hood that appears as if someone hit it with something heavy and drug it off leaving dents and deep scratches. The interior smells like some disgusting cheap imitation cologne from 1983 called Grey Flannel. So it is headed back and the contract cancelled. Looks like a member here may have had his prayers answered and saved another highly coveted late model GT/CS from being defaced....LOL!

The search begins again. Maybe I can find a clean well priced 14 302 Boss to modify. LOL!

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Unfortunately this car arrived in horrendous exterior cosmetic condition. Someone tried to cover key marks and other blemishes with an inferior cheap paint match and applying it with a technique to that of a 4 year old drawing with a marker on a wall. There is damage to the hood that appears as if someone hit it with something heavy and drug it off leaving dents and deep scratches. The interior smells like some disgusting cheap imitation cologne from 1983 called Grey Flannel. So it is headed back and the contract cancelled. Looks like a member here may have had his prayers answered and saved another highly coveted late model GT/CS from being defaced....LOL!

The search begins again. Maybe I can find a clean well priced 14 302 Boss to modify. LOL!

Bummer! It looked good in those original photos! Good luck with the search for a replacement!

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
ONLINE CAR BUYERS BEWARE!!! DON'T BUY FROM VROOM! THEY DO NOT DISCLOSE DAMAGE EVEN AFTER A CAR HAS BEEN RETURNED AND THE DAMAGE MADE CLEAR TO THEM.

HERE ARE TEH FACTS:

I don't normally do this, but in continuing my search for my 13/14 Mustang I came across the 14 I bought from VROOM that was in very poor condition given its mileage. VROOM has chosen once again not to disclose the information and damage to this car leading one to believe that it is a unicorn quality clean car with only minor scuff marks on it. Below are just two of the FORTY Photos of damage on this car that they are not disclosing. i EVEN TOOK THE TIME TO PROVIDE THEM A CD AND DOCUMENT ON THE DAMAGE THAT WENT BACK WITH THE CAR. YET IT IS POSTED ON THEIR SITE AGAIN WITH ONLY 3 DISCLOSURES OF WHAT THYE REFER TO AS "MINOR".
v104sVG.jpg

This photo is of teh passenger side rear quarter panel. There is what appears to be key marks that have been poorly touched up with a cheap touchup paint that has been applied like fingernail polish to the surface. There are glob repairs all over this car like this.
xOefXdo.jpg

This photo is of the hood up near the windshield on the passenger side. There are deep scratches here in the paint and two dents. The one is clearly apparent.

The car is covered in scuff marks and scratches that go into the paint THROUGHOUT. The interior though it is pristine REEKS of cheap imitation Gray Flannel Cologne from 1982.

The purchase process was terrible. It all started 2.9.2022 and I finally got my money back 3.29.2022. Returning the car was almost easier than the purchase process which was absolutely ridiculous. The car was delivered without a phone call and outside of the hours I specified I would be available. The delivery people never called me before or after. It took 2 days to find out that they had placed the keys in a shoe on my back porch. The car sat 2 days partly blocking my driveway because it was locked and could not be moved. I had an entry key cut at a local Ford dealer just to get in to see if they locked the keys in the center console. There are 40 different photos of damage all over the car. So I told them to come get it. IN doing so the day after I made arrangements for the pickup a person at VROOM cancelled the pickup scheduled 3/12/22. On 3/11/22 I verified the pickup was still taking place by calling them. They said yes that it still shows scheduled for 3/12 between 8-2pm. When no one showed up I called VROOM to get info on the carrier. I called the carrier to find out VROOM had cancelled 8 days earlier though VROOM database did not reflect this. Finally the car was picked up and I was made whole on 3/29/22.

If you have had good fortune with VROOM super-duper-pooper-scooper. You should count yourself blessed and go buy some power ball tickets because you are not in the majority I learned after reading their reviews on their site as well as other independent car dealer review sites.

Sorry to do this. I am not a fan of busting people's balls or businesses, but this VROOM experience was just too much. I am thankful I got my money back. I was afraid I would not. It was starting to look and feel like a scam. I WILL NEVER AGAIN ATTEMPT AN ONLINE PURCHASE THROUGH A VIRTUAL DEALER!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back