2005 Mustang GT 350 Tribute Car (photos by Rygen)

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I want to share a little story on why I like the Mineral gray and why I built a GT-350 Tribute Car.......
I was a Chevy guy and did not think much about fords but one day while out with my wife late October 2004 looking at cars for her, we had seen a Mineral Gray Mustang GT on the corner of Battlefield ford, this car caught my eye and I had to stop, I fell for the car right there but we were looking for a car for my wife so I did not think about it again until May 2005, I was interested in the 05 GTO but the looks were less than appealing. In June my wife was visiting her parents in Coral Springs Florida and took her Dads F150 in for service, while there she noticed a mineral gray Mustang GT coupe on the showroom floor, if anyone remembers that in 05 most dealers were marking up the GT’s 5-10K bucks, but my wife is a master negotiator and made the salesman a deal he could not refuse, 1000 under sticker (I don’t know how she does it) She called me up and revved the engine and said “that’s your Baby Crying, Happy birthday”

I flew down and made the 1000 mile drive home on July 6 2005. Since then the car has made over 500 passes as the track and several laps at VIR, I have over 90,000 miles

So why did I make a GT350 Tribute Car? …

I remember as a child when we went to visit my Grandparents home in Omaha I would always go into the garage to look at my Uncle’s 1967 Mustang GT 350 that he bought before he went off to fight in Viet Nam. It was a Gray Metallic color that was unique to the Shelby in 67.
It was July 1972 when my uncle’s plane landed at the airport, we all waited there with welcome back signs and flags, while outside the airport people were protesting the war, it was a stark contrast from the family area. A lot of people looked down on Military service members back then, I was not one of them, I would stare at his service picture that my grandmother hung on the wall, I'd sit there hoping and praying he returned home safe.

When we got home we had lunch, after all the kids went out to help my uncle clean and prep his car, I was so thrilled to be helping, I was the smallest so I was assigned to wash the wheels; after the washing and waxing he starts it up, my heart was racing at the anticipation of finally going to get to live out all those daydreams over the past few years and get to ride in the coolest car I have ever seen.

I got to go first in the front seat, I was “riding shotgun” with my hero driving around town, we were waving flags and I felt so proud, I really admired my uncle; So I built my car as a tribute to that Car and my Uncle back in 1972.

Here are some recent photos by Rygen
scott10-1.jpg

scott20-1.jpg

scott30.jpg

scott40.jpg

scott50.jpg

scott60.jpg

scott70.jpg

scott80.jpg

scott10.jpg

scott11.jpg

scott13.jpg

scott12.jpg

scott14.jpg

scott15.jpg

scott16.jpg

scott24.jpg

scott25.jpg

calispecial08

forum member
Reaction score
great looking car!

doesn't take much to do springs! you should do them!

Last edited:

Tre06GTP1SC

South Texas Death Ride
Reaction score
Those are some great high quality photos. Car looks Great and a cool story too. COTM material?

whtcanbrwnd04u

Reaction score
Cool story and nice car.

Whats that emblem on the front grille? And is that a cobra badge i see on the rear?

Edit: @ a 2nd glance looks to be cobra emblems all around?

BNH4.6

forum member
Reaction score
Great story and car, how did you take that last shot in front of the building? Looks like you were up in the air 10 feet.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Cool story and nice car.

Whats that emblem on the front grille? And is that a cobra badge i see on the rear?

Edit: @ a 2nd glance looks to be cobra emblems all around?

Like Calispecial08 stated, They are Retro 1967 Shelby GT 350 badges from Cobranda.com. I like the gold color it works well with mineral Grey since i has a gold metal flake in it.

Great story and car, how did you take that last shot in front of the building? Looks like you were up in the air 10 feet.

I did not take the pictures a member (Rygen) took them, he did a fantastic job...

I think there was a planter wall or hill there.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Those are some great high quality photos. Car looks Great and a cool story too. COTM material?

I did post them in the COTM section well see, Funny that you say that
I won the Mustang Collective COTM for August 2011..
2011-banner-aug-left.jpg

Eleanor05

forum member
Reaction score
What happened to your JLT intake I see you have the C&L intake? Why the change from JLT to C&L? How many miles does your car have now?

06Mach1

forum member
Reaction score
This car is probably one of the best S197s I've ever seen. It's simple, clean, and looks factory. It's very inspiring!

dougie b

Reaction score
Stock. I have not had the guts to do the springs...

i think your uncle and I both would agree that you need to slam that thing! I did my first suspension swap when I was 17 (on a volvo S70). I was also an idiot when it comes to cars at that point. find a friend who knows what theyre doing (or read DIYs) you'll wonder why you didnt do it earlier!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back