2006 GT Auto - Rattle in transmission?

Geosh

Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m noticing a rattle in my transmission that seems to be happening when the car shifts in and out of 2nd or 3rd gear. If I go easy on the throttle, it shifts smooth and quiet. If I get on it a little bit, it sounds very metallic like a loose piece of sheet metal is rattling for just a second and then it goes away a second later. Shifts are still nice and smooth and I’ve noticed no functional issues at all, just the noise. I can also get it do do it a little if I let off the gas for a second then get right back on it.

Haven’t been able to replicate it in first gear, which made me think it isn’t a heatshield or something like that.
Any ideas or anyone have something similar happen? The car only has 45000 miles on it and doesn’t get abused, so I would hope it isn’t breaking down already.

drive_55_not

forum member
Reaction score
You'll need to put the car up on lift or jack stands and look for stuff that maybe loose, like the exhaust.

But from what you posted, that sounds like the torque converter rattling ...

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
^^^Yep^^^

Get underneath there an look/feel around. I had a truck w/loose heat shield...rattled at certain RPMs. If everything's Ok, recommend you take 'er into a reputable tranny shop and get a free assessment on if/what could be amiss.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back