2007 GT V3 low boost??

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
Ok peeps. I am LOST at this point.

My friend has a 2007 GT and we installed a v3 a year ago on the car and installed a custom intercooler system for CSRacing.

We also plugged the bypass holes and converted to a blow-thru system with a Mondo BOV.

The supercharger has a 3.25" pulley on it and we are estimating 12-14 lbs of boost. Yes we know it is too much for the motor, but it had a 3.40" pulley on it and only made 5lbs of boost. Well, this 3.25" pulley is only peaking at 7.5 lbs.....

He made 450hp even on the dyno. We have even bought another intercooler made specifically to support 545hp.

Ideas?

Reaction score
I have a CXRacing kit with a V3. Wasn't making shit with the stock 3.6 pulley. Went down to a 3.25 and am making 504/433 on 9 lbs. I also converted to blow through.

Does he have long tubes?

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
I have a CXRacing kit with a V3. Wasn't making shit with the stock 3.6 pulley. Went down to a 3.25 and am making 504/433 on 9 lbs. I also converted to blow through.

Does he have long tubes?

Yes he has long tubes. Doesnt even make 9lbs

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
If it's one of these intercooler kit:

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CXR&Category_Code=INCO

The intercooler is the problem. I have installed these on customers cars and lost 50hp. Change out the intercooler Paxton intercooler of if your on a budget get one of these:

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/view.phtml?f_cat=Intercoolers%3A+Complete+Intercoolers

We changed out the intercooler as well. Just bought a Mishomoto intercooler. The car still only makes 7lbs.

Its not making the pounds its suppose to is the problem. Totally lost lol

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
Belt condition? Tensioner? Head unit condition? Boost leak?

belt is new. tensioner is good. head unit has maybe 5,000 miles on it and weve checked for leaks and nothing is leaking

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
Try checking out this link by kennebell

linky

Thanks for that. We will check over what they recommend.

I did notice he does not have a 1-way check valve for the PVC line going from the drivers side valve to the manifold.

Sooooooo yeah.... its def getting boost into the head there. What check valve do you guys recommend? Just one from the auto parts store im assuming?

randys06v6

forum member
Reaction score
Just updating for anyone who looks up in the future.

A PVC valve at autozone did the trick.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back