2010 Gingerman changes

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
Those of you that frequent Gingerman may or may not have seen this, but they are redoing turns 10 and 11 for next year. Should make for a much faster back straight.

Just thought I'd share.

Dave Kegel

Gingerman.jpg

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
I knew they were working on it, but this is the first plan view I've seen... To me, it looks like they'll actually slow down turn 10 a bit, since it'll be a tighter radius sweeper, almost a giant hairpin. That'll be interesting to work out some different lines for!

I REALLY like turn 11, though! That keeps the braking zone a little further from the pit wall, and in the event of an "issue," will make things a bit safer.

The most important thing, though, is that it makes for a MUCH cleaner blend-in when they run the track backwards, since there's more acceleration room coming off the reversed grid... I like it!

TLeroux

Reaction score
Didn't you catch PakExp scouting trip to check out the new addition? (A less generous person might think they just lost control.)

Although I like the new turn 11, I'm not sure how much safer it will be. It was a slow turn and if you messed it up you could bail onto pit road, now it looks like you'll be trying to carry as much speed as possible to the front straight, should be a lot like the last turn at Putnam Park.

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
hey, Plainfield!! alright, more illinoyins.

Howcome I don't see you at autobahn?

I know! My own back yard, right?

I unfortunately don't get to do near as many track days as I would like. This year I only managed to get to Gingerman a couple times. I love Grattan too. Hopefully I'll get to Autobahn next year some time, I hear it's really nice. Do you run with any particular group there?

Dave

Reaction score

I unfortunately don't get to do near as many track days as I would like. This year I only managed to get to Gingerman a couple times. I love Grattan too. Hopefully I'll get to Autobahn next year some time, I hear it's really nice. Do you run with any particular group there?

Dave

I've been there twice this year with the nsscc which is part of the midwestern council of sports car clubs. We do time attack/high speed autocross and HPDEs at midwestern tracks like Blackhawk (my fav), milwaukee mile, and autobahn. I would join next year if I were you. For 50 bucks, you make back that money in discounts for track days and race events after only two races.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Didn't you catch PakExp scouting trip to check out the new addition? (A less generous person might think they just lost control.)

Although I like the new turn 11, I'm not sure how much safer it will be. It was a slow turn and if you messed it up you could bail onto pit road, now it looks like you'll be trying to carry as much speed as possible to the front straight, should be a lot like the last turn at Putnam Park.

Those PakExp guys and their cheatin' ways... scouting next season's layout to get the edge... ;-)

Terry, we ALL try to carry as much speed as we can through EVERY corner! My safety thoughts were mainly focused on brake failure, rather than running out of talent... With the "old" layout, you were going to kiss concrete, hard. With the new layout, there's more runoff room, with a bigger litter box, and if you do lose it at track out, I think more of a glancing blow that a T-bone, if you follow. I also think that it'll make running the other direction (CCW) a lot easier with a longer pit-out road to get some speed up. Nothing worse than coming out of a corner at 85+ and realizing that the car ahead of you is only doing 20...

Time will tell, but it should be fun learing the new line through there...

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score

Dave

I've run Autobahn with NASA, MVP, and on Saturday, I'll be there with Hooked On Driving. Each organization has a very different "feel," but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Reaction score
I've run Autobahn with NASA, MVP, and on Saturday, I'll be there with Hooked On Driving. Each organization has a very different "feel," but you can't go wrong with any of them.

You're gonna have you work cut out for you instructing on Saturday with the weather we are having. Good thing there's LOTS of run off room. I actually don't mind running in the rain That is so long as everyone is rear wheel drive.
Separates the boys from the men..and deep wallets from talent. :rock:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
100% correct.... I'm NOT looking forward to this, and with the way my luck runs, I'll get somebody with a convertible.... Looks like I get to work out a rain line!

Back