2011 5.0 Build

SlowMotorsports

Slow Motorsports
Reaction score
Dropped the car off at ford Monday, it's Friday now and they're just figuring out whats wrong with it. Reasonably sure were just going to go with moser axels.

Mishri

forum member
Reaction score
Well, at least when I worked @ an bank, they fill out a forum to send to the IRS or some kind of government facility if you deposit more then 10g in cash :)

yeah I watched a video on that a few years ago, if I remember right it's much less than 10g in cash w/o a business acount, atleast at the bank I worked for. they are looking for money laundering, drug dealers and tax evasion.

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah I watched a video on that a few years ago, if I remember right it's much less than 10g in cash w/o a business acount, atleast at the bank I worked for. they are looking for money laundering, drug dealers and tax evasion.

ya, that was a big one. but I'd image most of money laundering done with foreign banks, at least, that what happens in the movies lol.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Hey guy your slacking on the updates, get your shit together Rob! haha
Lol i know Cody, we haven't had his car... We get it back soon though, i already ordered Moser Axles's... 2 day shipping so we should get them real quick. Then we will be back on track.. Still no sign of the turbo kit, American muscle's "5-7 day lead time" is a fail.. They called me after they called Hellion and said it would be shipping out that day or the next and so far no tracking number and no box.. Kind of pissed off..

be sure to take and post up the install on the bc coilovers dude

Oh we will bro, I'm a picture whore lol.

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
The Moser axles showed up today, hopefully getting them in within the next day or two.

I saw on American Muscle.com they said you need to relocate the ABS sensors?? Anyone care to explain?

moser.jpg

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Got a random turbo heat shield last week, and then today the turbo and waste gate showed up. I thought i would receive all the packages together... Anyhow here they are.
IMAG0120.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0117.jpg

IMAG0118.jpg

IMAG0119.jpg

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
The grille and bumper cover are now on as well ;).. Still haven't put the axles in yet or got the suspension put in/aligned.. Soon, hopefully..

IMAG0121.jpg

IMAG0122.jpg

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Man this UPS guy must hate me.. Between, axles, 20in rims/tires, turbo/wastegate box, and two decently large/heavy boxes for the turbo kit.. lol Received the rest of the stuff from Hellion.. =)

IMAG0124.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

Now all thats left is a pod to mount the damn E boost 2 gauge..Any suggestions for the pod for the e boost? It is a 60mm gauge i believe. Get a SOS Pillar for Wideband, fuel pressure, oil pressure.. and order the fuel/oil gauge.

Still need to order LCAs + Relocation brackets, Panhard rod.. Time to get busy lol

06tungstengt

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome bro. Cant wait to see it all come together. Not really diggin the wheels tho...too much black imo

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Just an update, got the car back yesterday from getting the Moser Axles installed. That job would of been a no go for us, we are young guys in the learning process. Sure we've done full suspension kits, motor swaps/ assemblies, exhaust, brakes etc- but the rear end requires a little more knowledge than we actually have lol and probably tools we don't have. Who knows. =)

Now we plan to install the full suspension within the next few days, we've had the coilovers, but we also ordered LCAs + Relocation brackets, adj. UCA w/ bracket, adj. Panhard rod which i need to drive out to tampa today with the owner (slowmotorsports) to go pick up the above goodies from BMR. Then again, i was told yesterday they look like they are on backorder so we will see.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Car is looking good, but I ain't feel the wheels to much either. I'm just not a fan of Foose wheels. Why didn't you go with a big brake pkg and wheels that would accommodate them? Just curious. I'm sure they will look significantly better when the coilovers are put in. The moser axles were a good option to put in there.

Last edited:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
^ yeah he is moving, so he is taking the extra money for like tune, alignment after suspension install and using it towards a down payment on a house.. So the car is on hold for now. He is thinking about just doing springs and selling his coilovers and getting a good 1000$ back for um.. He has been saving up for some time now and needs to find a place in a few weeks or so. I'd say he is making a smart move for such a young dude.

unas2k5

forum member
Reaction score
Well, at least when I worked @ an bank, they fill out a forum to send to the IRS or some kind of government facility if you deposit more then 10g in cash :)

Nothing is filled out. It's sent electronically...They check ID when it's over $10k. I deposited $9,999 the other day :D lol

OP, This guy with those cars/bikes is looking to save $1000?

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Nothing is filled out. It's sent electronically...They check ID when it's over $10k. I deposited $9,999 the other day :D lol

OP, This guy with those cars/bikes is looking to save $1000?

Yup, b/c he is a smart kid. The car and all its parts will be there later, a house and saving up a few more grand is more important.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back