2011 GT Brakes...An Upgrade?

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very good thread, did the swap from my 2010 rotors/brackets to the 2011+ rotors and brackets...now on the hunt for 17" skinny fronts for track days.

Any 5.0 guys interested in my rotors/brackets so you can use 15" skinny fronts on track days?

Defiance GT

forum member
Reaction score
Also I was thinking that using the bigger rotor and caliper but instead of using OEM calipers on now to do the zo6 conversion of the calipers which are said to be a part of the bear gt+ upgrade kit. Any thoughts

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Will this work on stock 197 17" rims everyone has 18"s

I don't think they will.

The GF already cooked the fronts on the 2012 6'er :wtf: and I wanted to upgrade them.. I was told they wouldn't clear the OEM 17's.

Defiance GT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think they will.

The GF already cooked the fronts on the 2012 6'er :wtf: and I wanted to upgrade them.. I was told they wouldn't clear the OEM 17's.
Damn I really need a brake upgrade but no one has physically tried it cuz maybe you can shave down the caliper

timfoster405

forum member
Reaction score
I upgraded my '07 to 11-13 brakes by adding the bigger rotor and bracket from a 2011.

I really don't know if there is any real difference in braking capacity...but just wanted to since I found someone on here that was selling the rotors and bracket.

My 07 polished 18" factory bullits still fit fine...close though.

Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Would the stainless steel braided brake lines work from a 05-09 setup to this new one? (noob to brakes)

They should. Only thing that changed was the caliper and rotor size. Fittings should be exact same along with the clamps.

wusthof

forum member
Reaction score
shiat.....need new fronts but run my snowies on my 17" stockers......daaaamn!

Defiance GT

forum member
Reaction score
shiat.....need new fronts but run my snowies on my 17" stockers......daaaamn!

Lol I feel ur pain I decided to go with a brake cooling duct kit from steeda, hawk HP plus pad with my current dba slotted rotor and c5 zo6 caliper and ss brake line with wilwood 570 brake fluid and then HP plus rear w the slotted steeda rear brake upgrade kit to tie it all together after melting my rear pads to rotor yesterday at ginger man raceway lol. Should help braking force a lot. The hawk hps is a great street pad

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
That is what i have 18".

t
2hyjf2u.jpg

What rotors are those? Im getting ready to do this upgrade or should I go slotted only or solid?

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Solid is good, so is slotted. Cross drilled is fubar and ditto with slotted + cross drilled. Even DBA sez not to use their slotted + cross drilled rotor's on any track.
Push your luck too much, and the cross drilled rotor's will crack, and form cracks between adjacent holes.

CammedS197

forum member
Reaction score
Solid is good, so is slotted. Cross drilled is fubar and ditto with slotted + cross drilled. Even DBA sez not to use their slotted + cross drilled rotor's on any track.
Push your luck too much, and the cross drilled rotor's will crack, and form cracks between adjacent holes.

Ok thanks for the info, big help

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back