2011 GT Brakes...An Upgrade?

merk

forum member
Reaction score
All you have to do is swap the brackets right?

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get a Motive pressure bleeder. Mine has worked perfectly on every vehicle I have ever used it on (including my 05 GT) and it allows a single person to perfectly bleed and flush the brake system. Because of the constant flow out of the caliper (versus the short pulse you get with the "pump, pump, HOLD!" method of bleeding the brakes), you tend to flush out smaller air bubbles with ease. Well worth the money IMO.

Do you have the model number for the Motive Bleeder? I am finding a few variations in a google search.

Thanks

hammerdown

forum member
Reaction score
I did this mod too a while back. I did a lot of research at the time because I had not run across anyone else who had tried it at that time. Turns out all you need are the brackets and rotors. Everything else remains the same. Easy Peasy.

Here's my original writeup on the matter I did on another forum. Lots of pictures and information.:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...mans-almost-big-brake-kit-part-2-verdict.html

-HD

Last edited:

hammerdown

forum member
Reaction score
Do you have the model number for the Motive Bleeder? I am finding a few variations in a google search.

Thanks

You can find everything you need at Home Depot/Lowes to build your own for about 1/2 the cost of one of those and have it to use the same day vs. waiting on shipping.

Here is the one I made and it's pretty much a universal fit.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2735331-post18.html

(Sorry, I know it seems like I'm just whoring for that "other" forum.. Really I just want to share information and it's just that I have spent far more time there. So instead of re-creating old posts it's just easier to cross-link).

-HD

Last edited:

RedfireV8

forum member
Reaction score
Just to add my :2cents: but my dad and I did this the other weekend on his 08' GT. Found a guy last December who upgraded his 11' to the Brembo's so we got a great deal on his parts. Got both rotors, calipers, brackets and pads for $150. Went ahead and got a set of SS lines as well. Straight forward of course as any brake swap is.

The initial bite isn't exactly up to what we were expecting. Not bad or anything don't get me wrong, just thought it would be better. That's probably due to me not doing my part as well as I should on bleeding the brakes. Will be doing them again soon. Now the stopping power/distance is noticeably better. I noticed that it felt better than what my factory 07' brakes felt. I guess the best way to put it is its better than what they were before but not quite where my 12' brakes are. Again, will be bleeding again probably to get it there.

Edit: Pics not working. Will update tonight.

ymo8i.jpg

10xbrpe.jpg

sm3s7k.jpg

177cb4.jpg

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Hammerdown thank you. I knew I saw the thread on the web somewhere. I couldnt find it.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get a Motive pressure bleeder. Mine has worked perfectly on every vehicle I have ever used it on (including my 05 GT) and it allows a single person to perfectly bleed and flush the brake system. Because of the constant flow out of the caliper (versus the short pulse you get with the "pump, pump, HOLD!" method of bleeding the brakes), you tend to flush out smaller air bubbles with ease. Well worth the money IMO.

Whats the price on one of those guys

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score

Thanks

Model: MP-0107
Manufactured by: Motive Products

I can get them for $54 + shipping...Summit has them at $58 + shipping...no great deal.

However, they work great...I use it before every track day.

rangerj84

forum member
Reaction score
I put Hawk pads and powerslot rotors all the way around and there is a world of difference in braking. I would have never upgraded but my rotors were beyond resurfacing. No matter how hard I need to brake, it's smooth and fast!

RRRoamer

Reaction score

Thanks

Sorry, I don't. I bought mine back in 2007 or so. Needless to say, I don't remember the model number now! I do remember that you need to either get the kit for the S197 or buy the correct adapter for it. The S197 does not use the same brake reservoir as the earlier Mustangs. I ended up with about 5 different adapters so I could just twist it on and go for all the vehicles I have plus various family vehicles.

Oh, and sorry for the late reply! It's been busy!

MuGsTaNg

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if that work with 18 inch oem wheel? I have to change my front brake soon so it will be a nice upgrade ;)

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back