2011 shifter from mgw close to completion...some specs and info>>

2006torquefreak

forum member
Reaction score
JUST ANOTHER UPDATE!!!

the shifter design is complete!! all the tweaks are done. only thing left is to run off 50 first run units and get the custom compression springs made.

i have been collecting contact info from people for a few months so if anyone wants in on the first run call peggy or julie next week at 706-793-1770

to recap... the shifter is a FULL replacement box rear mount and top assembly. new bushings internal springs. reverse lockout system .

cost should be around 350.00 which based on what others are selling for the the assembly on top is a pretty good deal.

ill be posting pics in 2 weeks.

george

Great looking forward to this shifter.

Ducky

Reaction score
Damnit, I want this shifter. But with the grinding I have, I am doing my best to keep everything stock in case I need warranty work :tdown:. I am going to be watching this thread for pictures and video.

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
Some dealers don't care about mods but then there ones if you add something try to get your warranty denied. We have one here that tried that over K&N airfilter unless they put it in. The dealer where I got my car from don't care about most mods

erod550

Reaction score
Anxiously looking forward to the pics and reviews from early adopters. I was going to get the Barton but now I'm going to hold off and see what this one is like first.

Ducky

Reaction score
Some dealers don't care about mods but then there ones if you add something try to get your warranty denied. We have one here that tried that over K&N airfilter unless they put it in. The dealer where I got my car from don't care about most mods

I know most are pretty realistic. But a new shifter on a tranny in for warranty work is a pushing it I think. I could always put it back to stock I guess, it's just hardware.

spsteevoe

Reaction score
Most of the Forum traffic regarding tranny repairs seems to be from dowel pins backing out and shearing off, wonky clutch pedals and tough shifting.

It would be very interesting to hear a tech explain to me how my shiny new shifter caused the dowel pins to back out on my clutch...

Ducky

Reaction score
Most of the Forum traffic regarding tranny repairs seems to be from dowel pins backing out and shearing off, wonky clutch pedals and tough shifting.

It would be very interesting to hear a tech explain to me how my shiny new shifter caused the dowel pins to back out on my clutch...
My issue is grinding into 5th. If my synchro's are already shot, I want new ones.

Reaction score

I was talking with a local dealer service manager and he tried saying the same thing. I hit him with a bunch of big boy college physics words in regards to rotational mass and i got a "Let me get back with you on that".

pdmusgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the phone call from them so I can buy it. It's been 2 weeks now maybe Monday

vakane

Minister of sinister
Reaction score
I need pics so i can see it!!! how can I buy it without seeing it? :(

Wharf Rat

Reaction score
I had a PRO5.0 in my '06 and then in my 07 I had the Roush shifter and then an MGW. The MGW was so far ahead of the PRO5.0 and the Roush it was ridiculous. So yes I'm waiting for the MGW. That said, the stock shifter in the 2011 is the best the factory has sent out in the last few decades. Still getting an MGW though...

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
SORRY GUYS....

havent posted because i just am hesitant to post pre production pics. the shifters ARE in production. i would say i have maybe 1-2 things i am still tweaking but that is during production and will not affect run time.

i will not post pics because i want to show the final unit not a cobbed up piece that is not representative of the final product.

not sure if most of you guys know but i do not rush ANY products to market. ill be happy to lose a few sales to other companies rather than rush. the shifter poses some challenges to get right . the stock oem unit is not bad and in order to justify the price top change i really am working every minor detail to make this a very nice upgrade.

please be patient as it will be morethan worth the wait.

again to clarify we have a contact folder now withg probably 35-40 names in it already setup for the first 50 units. so if you want one right away and have not called you will have to wait probably 8 weeks after the intial run.

as with all our shifters i test it myself for months to get it right how i like it. make a small initial run of 50 units. let them test them for a month or so and work on feedback and update fix, modify etc the design based on that feedback. those 50 units get updated or modifed to make it perfect. then i release the design for regular inventory production.

contact number 706-793-1770
ask for julie opr peggy. you do NOT have to give any payment information,.

regards
george

Ducky

Reaction score
SORRY GUYS....

havent posted because i just am hesitant to post pre production pics. the shifters ARE in production. i would say i have maybe 1-2 things i am still tweaking but that is during production and will not affect run time.

i will not post pics because i want to show the final unit not a cobbed up piece that is not representative of the final product.

not sure if most of you guys know but i do not rush ANY products to market. ill be happy to lose a few sales to other companies rather than rush. the shifter poses some challenges to get right . the stock oem unit is not bad and in order to justify the price top change i really am working every minor detail to make this a very nice upgrade.

please be patient as it will be morethan worth the wait.

again to clarify we have a contact folder now withg probably 35-40 names in it already setup for the first 50 units. so if you want one right away and have not called you will have to wait probably 8 weeks after the intial run.

as with all our shifters i test it myself for months to get it right how i like it. make a small initial run of 50 units. let them test them for a month or so and work on feedback and update fix, modify etc the design based on that feedback. those 50 units get updated or modifed to make it perfect. then i release the design for regular inventory production.

contact number 706-793-1770
ask for julie opr peggy. you do NOT have to give any payment information,.

regards
george

Man, I want SO BAD to be on that list :(

jeff s

Reaction score
Thanks for the honest update George.

I'll wait to grab one once regular production starts.

Can you tell me if this unit can use the stock boot and knob as the others? Will your shifter include its own knob?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back