2011 V6 Cold Air Intake & Tuner Package From Steeda

S

SteedaElisa

Hi Guys and Girls,

Team Steeda has been working hard to create a powerful and proven cold air intake and tuner package for your 2011 V6 Mustang, and we are pleased to announce that we are a little less than 3 weeks from release. I wanted to give you just enough information to get your "wheels turning" so to speak. :thumb:

Attached you will a dyno sheet showing horsepower gains before and after the install of the cold air intake. A little background on the test vehicle; this 2011 V6 Mustang was running 93 octane and had no other modifications other than the cold air intake and 93 octane tune.

The dyno sheet speaks for itself and the gains of over 20 rwhp and up to 30 ft/lbs of torque are pretty impressive!

The image of the CAI is a prototype and has since been revised slightly but you get the idea. Key features are our stainless steel heat shield, rubber seal to seal the airbox against the hood, and our velocity stack to increase air velocity and streamline airflow.

And as always, don't forget that our products are made in the USA. Thanks for supporting us!

Attachments

• 2011 V6 93OCT CAI&TUNE TEST.jpg
    2011 V6 93OCT CAI&TUNE TEST.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 270
  • 2011 V6 prototype test fit.jpg
    2011 V6 prototype test fit.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 191
Last edited by a moderator:

Kuro!

Banned
Reaction score
Thats pretty damn good! Making the same power with the new 6 as a 3V GT...

S

SteedaElisa

Thats pretty damn good! Making the same power with the new 6 as a 3V GT...

Agreed, the V6's are already impressive compared to previous years but the fact that with a basic modification like this CAI and a tune and be running with GT's is pretty awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SteedaElisa

Here is another image of our test piece. It's very similar to the final product.

Attachments

• 2011 3.7V6 CAI.jpg
    2011 3.7V6 CAI.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 148

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
nice gains, was the hp/trq increase measured against the stock 87 octane tune ? Even so, 20 hp is impressive.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
this is more believable than the 300whp dyno i saw with intake and exhaust. 275whp is pretty stout. the power curve, and torque are no where near what the 3v does. not to knock the 3.7, thats just the nature of a engine will smaller displacement.

looks like intake and tune gets you up to advertised 3v numbers. seems like most 3v make 260-270whp stock. BOUNS info: ford rated the 3v at 300/320 on 87oct. the cars make 315/330 on 92oct.

bullittrevor

forum member
Reaction score
Definately impressive numbers. Intake and a tune and it's running right along with a stock 3 valve. Won't be long before a blown/built sixxer is making 500rwhp. Crazy stuff happening in the car world right now. Can you imagine pulling up to a redlight and having to worry about v6 mustangs now?

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
I don't think the new 3.7 is acknowledged due to the fact 4.6 GT owners would be crying seeing this type of power from "just a V6".

disagree. I think anything hot from Ford is a giant plus in my book. I love seeing a 305 hp V6 in the new stang. But everytime I climb into my car and a giant smile spreads across my face, I'm glad I own it. No matter who makes what for power.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
I don't think the new 3.7 is acknowledged due to the fact 4.6 GT owners would be crying seeing this type of power from "just a V6".
i think many 3.7s like to think that they intimidate the 3v guys, but it just simply not the case. i think all of us are very impressed with the new sixer, i know i am. but there are just things that a V8(3v) provides that the 3.7 cant. bolt ons for the 3v are dirt cheap, provide big gains. the 3v is more stout and will produce more power bolt on for bolt on. its bigger, thats just a fact of the equation. the new procharged v6 made 427whp/311wtq. most impressive, it as also mentioned that that was probably the as far as you want to push the motor. most procharged 3v have to be detuned because they make to much power. 500whp with a procharger is almost to easy.

id like a 3.7 with a tune for a daily, but the sixer isnt really even a alternative to the GT to 99% of the people imho. a V6 premeium and a base 300a GT are the same price. you can get a nice 3v for 15-20k all day. id rather have a 3v over a v6 are a project car or a daily racer.

TheRookie65

Reaction score
i think many 3.7s like to think that they intimidate the 3v guys, but it just simply not the case. i think all of us are very impressed with the new sixer, i know i am. but there are just things that a V8(3v) provides that the 3.7 cant. bolt ons for the 3v are dirt cheap, provide big gains. the 3v is more stout and will produce more power bolt on for bolt on. its bigger, thats just a fact of the equation. the new procharged v6 made 427whp/311wtq. most impressive, it as also mentioned that that was probably the as far as you want to push the motor. most procharged 3v have to be detuned because they make to much power. 500whp with a procharger is almost to easy.

id like a 3.7 with a tune for a daily, but the sixer isnt really even a alternative to the GT to 99% of the people imho. a V6 premeium and a base 300a GT are the same price. you can get a nice 3v for 15-20k all day. id rather have a 3v over a v6 are a project car or a daily racer.

While I agree with your "There is no replacement for displacement" argument, the fact remains we just don't know what the 3.7 can do until more mods come out. I agree with everything else you said but I would like to add that I did get 31 MPG on the way to the track today and those V6 insurance rates are cheaper too...... With the mods I have I'm not to far off your time there my friend.......

keith88lx

forum member
Reaction score
While I agree with your "There is no replacement for displacement" argument, the fact remains we just don't know what the 3.7 can do until more mods come out. I agree with everything else you said but I would like to add that I did get 31 MPG on the way to the track today and those V6 insurance rates are cheaper too...... With the mods I have I'm not to far off your time there my friend.......

impressive no doubt, but I still prefer my GT. The cost of gas and insurance is never a concern for me.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
the difference is....the times in my sig are when i was bone stock. i havent run since the JLT/OR x and tune. like i said, im not hating on the V6 at all, working for mazda ive know the 3.7 for awhile now and its a great engine. im just saying that even the "lowly" 3v will probably always have the upper hand on the v6.

nmb15831

forum member
Reaction score
Iv had to open up a can or two on a few 3.7s. I have to say they are faster than I expected but still no match.

TheRookie65

Reaction score
I guess everyone missed my point on this one.... I agree the 3Vs are faster but we don't know what he 3.7s can do YET! Your engine has been in production for some time and with that came allot of R&D for after market parts. The 3.7 is new and I think we should take a wait and see attitude and applaud those spending the cash for R&D for the 3.7. Anyway, I hope no one thought I was bashing anyone else....... Just give it some time is all .......

knight rider

forum member
Reaction score
love the look of the new product and the gains are nice. I personally would love to have a 3.7; one reason is i travel a nice distance to and from work each day so 31 mpg would be great for my wallet. plus i would be kind of excited to forge new ground with the new engine, with the increasing mods that will come out here eventually. dont get me wrong, i love my 4.6 but if i could add another NA pony to my stable id look to the new v6's

S

SteedaElisa

nice gains, was the hp/trq increase measured against the stock 87 octane tune ? Even so, 20 hp is impressive.

Sorry it took me so long to reply, I wanted to verify before I posted. The car was running 93 octane with a stock tune and stock cold air intake on the before test. The after test, 93 octane, the cold air intake, and a tune.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back