2011 V6 Cold Air Intake & Tuner Package From Steeda

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The 3.7 is impressive. Nobody can dispute this fact. I still won't buy one, but they are interesting and I look forward to seeing what they are capable of.

Now if Ford slips the Eco-Boost 3.7 into the Mustang, I'll rethink the V6 Mustang option.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
They can come run with me any time...however, they best get use to being in me rear veiw mirror, JK. Last weekend me and the family were comming back from a movie and one zip by and hit and was impressive sound and accelleration. On another note though, I get found memories of a once 1987 Grand National with a Mitibushi stage 1 turbo upgrade. Lordy the torque band was incredable. 10.5 ET'S AT 127-28MPH @ 28mpg back in 89-90.

Wonder, I know, these little six's will be there soon. Remember Buckman and his 06 white six?

psycho3063v

Reaction score
impressive gains...I think it would be cool with this mod that you pick up performance gains and the gas mileage actually increases. That would be cool.
I would buy this car not to try and create something to beat V8s but to have all around fun and "eat my cake", too. Some people can only afFORD one car and yet want to have fun with it.

Hey Steeda, so did you road test it? Just cruising like going on a long trip, did the mileage get better?

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
nice gains. I wouldnt mind a used 3.7 in a couple years to park next to my 3v...

johnnyv8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
While I agree with your "There is no replacement for displacement" argument, the fact remains we just don't know what the 3.7 can do until more mods come out. I agree with everything else you said but I would like to add that I did get 31 MPG on the way to the track today and those V6 insurance rates are cheaper too...... With the mods I have I'm not to far off your time there my friend.......

31! LOL, I just look @ my car today and I'm getting 17.5mpg!:LMAO:
Its really not going to be that funny once gas hits like $4...

dam 4.10s gears.

Last edited:
S

SteedaElisa

Hey Steeda, so did you road test it? Just cruising like going on a long trip, did the mileage get better?

Yes, we drive all of our test vehicles. Actually we beat the crap out of our test vehicles.

During steady speed cruising (highway cruising), the gas mileage was unaffected. City driving depends on how you drive the car. We all know how we like to push the throttle a little harder when we have a new modification on our cars, so that can definitely have an impact on fuel economy. If nothing changes about the way you drive the car after you install this intake, then you shouldn't notice a change.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm not mad, it's all about progression.
That being said, I wish ford offered the current transmissions a few years ago rather than all of us 3v guys needing different rear gears to use the power we have.
It just gives us motivation to get out to the garage and make our 3v's live up to their potential-nothing wrong with that

S

SteedaElisa

Hi Guys and Girls,

My apologies for the delay in updating you all on this package deal! Here is the official pricing information:

Steeda cold air intake 389.95 - product number 555-3159 - CLICK HERE

Power Pak 699.95 - product number 555-3938 (will be added to the website this week, please check back)

Wake your V6 up with this proven combination! Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll be glad to assist.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll keep this in mind. My next daily will probably be a loaded, used V6 program car.

Was the tested car a stick or an automatic? Does the tune alter the automatic's behavior? Firm up shifts, change the lockup timing, etc...?

stangsforever

Reaction score
Have you done any testing with headers, exhaust and pullies.

You should pick a considerable amount with those mods

S

SteedaElisa

I'll keep this in mind. My next daily will probably be a loaded, used V6 program car.

Was the tested car a stick or an automatic? Does the tune alter the automatic's behavior? Firm up shifts, change the lockup timing, etc...?

The test vehicle is a manual. Yes, the Steeda tunes for the automatics do firm up the shifts and there are parameters changed in the tune file to improve drivability over stock.

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes, the Steeda tunes for the automatics do firm up the shifts and there are parameters changed in the tune file to improve drivability over stock.

The biggest problem with factory automatics is they are tuned too soft in my opinion. So this is good news.

S

SteedaElisa

The biggest problem with factory automatics is they are tuned too soft in my opinion. So this is good news.

I agree with this. I remember when I bought my 06 automatic GT and drove it off the lot, it was such a dog, my granny would have loved driving it with it's slow, smooth, boring shifts and weak shift schedule. It was amazing to me how much a mildly tweaked transmission file changed the entire way the car drove and felt. Even though at that time, it didn't have much power over the stock file, it felt much quicker and more responsive. The calibrators at Steeda know exactly what us Mustang junkies crave being enthusiasts themselves, so you can bet the Steeda transmission tune files are spot on. :)

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was just looking at the actual differences in the 2000 to 5000 range and the torque looks to have about a 30 ft/lb increase across the range. That's something you will feel in a big way.

HP looks to be around 20 hp more.

Last edited:
S

SteedaElisa

Yes, it's definitely a noticeable difference over stock. These V6's have a lot of potential for sure.

Ansty

Reaction score
I have this model and i enjoy when ever i drive this.
2007-GeigerCars-Ford-Mustang-GT-520-Front-Angle-2.jpg

Back