Most Compatible cold air intake for 2011 GT Auto

kona_302R

Reaction score
I bought a performance CAI half a year ago, it threw codes, and so I've been using the stock airbox ever since. The automatic mustang has different lines/ connections and it didn't line up with my cold air intake. What are some good cold air intakes that are proven to work with the automatic + coyote combo? Personal experiences welcome.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Depending on what CAI you purchased, some require a tune due to increased air flow.

Steeda offers options. Part # 555-3156 Requires a tune. Part # 555-3190 Requires NO Tune

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
A no tune intake is a complete waste of money because most of the benefit of a CAI/tune combo comes from the tune. Either do a tune required CAI or keep the stock airbox and get a custom tune.
Tune required intakes have a larger diameter pipe than stock, and this requires the MAF transfer curve to be recalibrated to compensate. Otherwise the engine would run lean and throw codes.

_E85

Reaction score
Recommend getting a SCT handheld tuner and a tune from either VMP or 5-Star. Tuner can also be used to check codes, monitor systems, etc. If E85 is available in your area, larger injectors and E85 tune are an easy upgrade and will get you a nice power increase.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Recommend getting a SCT handheld tuner and a tune from either VMP or 5-Star. Tuner can also be used to check codes, monitor systems, etc. If E85 is available in your area, larger injectors and E85 tune are an easy upgrade and will get you a nice power increase.
Barely anyone supports SCT any longer.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back