2011 v6 news!

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
Lol trill change your sig. 4.6l v6? :-\

And I'm kind of glad so far there's no ecoboost in it.

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
So I ordered a 2010 gt. Now a 2011 is gonna outrun the new edge gt's, and is gonna be within 5 tenths of a second of mine. Sounds like another grand off for me! haha

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Saw this on another forum.
3.7L V6 305hp
19mpg city 30mpg highway
6 speed man or auto

http://detnews.com/article/20091130/AUTO01/911300341/1148/auto01/2011-Mustang-may-get-up-to-30-mpg

I love the; "may get up to 30 mpg" quote.

Nice motor, wish it came in the 05-09 body style. The 2010 is growing on me a little. We came out of the movie theater Sat night and walked past a grabber blue GT. It looked alright, except for the pinched in rear lights.

Still don't think the 2011 will outrun a 2010 GT, big difference in torque.

A 6 speed, finally.

Branomano08BlackBullitt

Soaking Up The Knowledge
Reaction score
Bronx (Good to see you over here bro) the V6 may be nice... but theres nothing like the sound of a V8... all my friends have some type of boosted V6 and even if its faster then my V8 by a bit all of them agree the V8 just sounds and is awesome.. I wont go as far as to say a Mustang isn't a Mustang unless its a V8 because thats bull.. but I will say the Mustang didn't get its status with a V6 =).

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
i have rented a few mustang v6 (2006 and 2008) and they atleast have a decent exhaust note, and have decent power from them, not v8 sound or power, but not bad at all. Over thanksgiving weekend, i was in a rental v6 charger and it sucked! no power, very little road feel, loved to wonder, and the auto in it sucks, even the cruse control was subpar!

and this sounds like a great idea for Ford, and if they put a ~300ish hp V6 in the Mustang, what will the V8 make, will we get the 5.0 cammer or the coyote? possibly an eco-boosted v8?

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
i have rented a few mustang v6 (2006 and 2008) and they atleast have a decent exhaust note, and have decent power from them, not v8 sound or power, but not bad at all. Over thanksgiving weekend, i was in a rental v6 charger and it sucked! no power, very little road feel, loved to wonder, and the auto in it sucks, even the cruse control was subpar!

and this sounds like a great idea for Ford, and if they put a ~300ish hp V6 in the Mustang, what will the V8 make, will we get the 5.0 cammer or the coyote? possibly an eco-boosted v8?

How was the cruise control not up to your expectations? It wouldn't hold still while you reached to the back seat to make a sandwich? :LMAO:

Last edited:

dagamore

Poor Driver mod
Reaction score
Cruise control should be able to hold the speed, and this one failed to do that, on the slightest little hill, it would surge going down it, with the speed going from 73mph to 77mph cruise control was set at 75mph, going up hill it would struggle and surge from 73mph to 80mph again set at 75mph. It would also surge off and on (the speed) and cause the car to not ride smoothly, and I was in Kansas not exactly a hilly place. It’s not like it had issue with me going over the continental divide I went from Ft Riley to Kansas City MO, and while there are some hills it failed to hold even close to a constant speed.

now my drive from Frankfurt Germany to Kaiserslautern Germany with quite a bit of hills, the cruise control on my 09 mustang GT held 110mph (hey I was tired) with out any issues, and I never noticed the system or the car surging, and it would hold the speed going up bigger hills with out any issues, and would hold a lot closer to the set speed going down bigger hills. Now this issue could be more from the fact that my Mustang is 5 speed manual, where the Dodge was an auto, but that should not matter, other autos I have driven do not have this sort of issues, both my normal in Europe rental cars, Audi A4's and VW Sharan (think mini-van size thing) often with autos hold the speed you set with out any issues.

Everyone that rode in the Dodge commented on the fact that the cruise control was acting weird, the car was very new, a 2010, and it only had ~6,000 miles. It should be working correctly and it was not. Massive fail!

bolivianpimp

Reaction score
Damn if this is what sixxers are getting i wonder what the GT will have... 5.0 COYOTE!!!! I sure hope so, might have to trade in for a grabber blue :beerdrink:.
ford is stepping it up now by bringing out 85 more ponies and .3 less Liters.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Cruise control should be able to hold the speed, and this one failed to do that, on the slightest little hill, it would surge going down it, with the speed going from 73mph to 77mph cruise control was set at 75mph, going up hill it would struggle and surge from 73mph to 80mph again set at 75mph. It would also surge off and on (the speed) and cause the car to not ride smoothly, and I was in Kansas not exactly a hilly place. It’s not like it had issue with me going over the continental divide I went from Ft Riley to Kansas City MO, and while there are some hills it failed to hold even close to a constant speed.

now my drive from Frankfurt Germany to Kaiserslautern Germany with quite a bit of hills, the cruise control on my 09 mustang GT held 110mph (hey I was tired) with out any issues, and I never noticed the system or the car surging, and it would hold the speed going up bigger hills with out any issues, and would hold a lot closer to the set speed going down bigger hills. Now this issue could be more from the fact that my Mustang is 5 speed manual, where the Dodge was an auto, but that should not matter, other autos I have driven do not have this sort of issues, both my normal in Europe rental cars, Audi A4's and VW Sharan (think mini-van size thing) often with autos hold the speed you set with out any issues.

Everyone that rode in the Dodge commented on the fact that the cruise control was acting weird, the car was very new, a 2010, and it only had ~6,000 miles. It should be working correctly and it was not. Massive fail!

I had an idea that was what you meant, the hill accel and decel, but I was just being a penis. lol. :beer: I will agree though, that car, with any package or option has never impressed me.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Damn if this is what sixxers are getting i wonder what the GT will have... 5.0 COYOTE!!!! I sure hope so, might have to trade in for a grabber blue :beerdrink:.
ford is stepping it up now by bringing out 85 more ponies and .3 less Liters.
Shit... I don't care if they drop a 428 Cobra Jet in it... it's still an ugly car. I'll keep my lightly modded 2005 GT. :thumb:

TorchedGT

Mustang Operator
Reaction score
this is pretty cool... since they are doing this.. its looking for the GTs to get the 5.0 4v motor. it would make sense anyhow

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
Hmmm...

Does anyone else think that the people at Ford waited to see what GM was going to come out with in the Camaro only to pull the proverbial rug out from under them? I know they came out with the S197 platform way before the Camaro was an itch in GM's pants but Ford could have easily added more weight on the 2010 and held off on this new motor until the next platform.

That's the way I'm looking at it anyway. Ford is litterally trying to cut the balls off of GM. Five more horses and a 400lb weight advantage. Good luck with that GM!

Gerardo

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back