2012 mustang gt stumbling and bogging at WOT

2012_Rs1

Reaction score
I have a 2012 mustang gt all stock except for cobra jet intake mani, frpp intake and twin 60 mm throttle body and Lund tube is been this way for 2 years with no problem all of a sudden last week it started stumbling at wot, it's like I hit a brick wall losing power between 4500 rpms to 5500 only in the 3rd gear or higher, fuel pressure is g good and sparks plugs I've also cleaned my air filter and mass air flow no codes present

Mustang50lx

Reaction score
The first thing I would do in this case is to check mode 6 data with a scan tool to see if any cylinders are showing misfires that are not turning the CEL on.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Make sure the intake pipe and the air filter haven't come loose and are correctly fitted. Sounds like the engine goes lean because there's unmetered air getting in through a vacuum leak.
I have a feeling this problem has a very simple solution.

dre256

forum member
Reaction score
I just had the week before Christmas my car falling on its face when I went WOT. That week my MPG went from 17.5 to 15 MPG. No CEL or wrench light. I thought was a bad coil pack and was waiting till CEL went to show which one, was not till car started idling like crap I went under the hood to look. Like mentioned above it was unmetered air going in as I found! My coupling on my CAI was lose and had a gap, probably was growing all week being lose. Fixed it and my problem was fixed immediately and my MPG shot back up to my average 17.5.

LDC2335

Reaction score
I'd bet on a vacuum leak or coil pack. Had a coil pack go bad in the f-150 and I would have swore my trans was going to fall out.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back